Portrait redemption.

These look great to me! Self-portraits are always hard, and these really look good!
I have friends that do a lot of portraits and composite work, and they buy dresses at second-hand places. You can get old wedding dresses really cheap, and if they have a stain or something wrong with them you just clone it out in post. I know one person with close to a hundred dresses! :aiwebs_016:

Based on personal taste, I think a warmer white balance would add a nice healthy tone to the photos. I'm also picking up a little bit of a purple tinge to some areas of the skin; I think pulling the white balance slider in RAW just slightly to the green side could balance the tones out a little.

Good work regardless.

These look great to me! Self-portraits are always hard, and these really look good!
I have friends that do a lot of portraits and composite work, and they buy dresses at second-hand places. You can get old wedding dresses really cheap, and if they have a stain or something wrong with them you just clone it out in post. I know one person with close to a hundred dresses! :aiwebs_016:
Thank you!
I will keep an eye out at the thrift store for something suitable. That is a great suggestion.

Based on personal taste, I think a warmer white balance would add a nice healthy tone to the photos. I'm also picking up a little bit of a purple tinge to some areas of the skin; I think pulling the white balance slider in RAW just slightly to the green side could balance the tones out a little.

Good work regardless.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, it is very appreciated! I do struggle with finding the perfect white balance, I will try your suggestion and see what I come up with!
Thanks again.

. I know one person with close to a hundred dresses! :aiwebs_016:

Either really bad choices of grooms or failure to commit?? :allteeth:

All kidding aside, my wife and I like to browse the thrift stores, antique stores, vintage clothing stores, and junk stores. Never know when you mind find a prop, or clothing item for a portrait.

. I know one person with close to a hundred dresses! :aiwebs_016:

Either really bad choices of grooms or failure to commit?? :allteeth:

All kidding aside, my wife and I like to browse the thrift stores, antique stores, vintage clothing stores, and junk stores. Never know when you mind find a prop, or clothing item for a portrait.
We played a practical joke right after our wedding. My wife picked up a dress before the wedding off ebay specifically to "do something". Well she loves anything Jeep. And will at times do / try to do her own work. And she will post pics of things she's done. Well just before leaving on our trip on Sunday the day after the wedding. She said she needed a picture to post. I said ok. So she put on the ebay dress and said what do you think we should do. I was like what do you want. She said something like me working on the Jeep in my wedding dress. So we put her underneath her Jeep. I put a spare transfer case and appropriate tools next to her, and a spare drive shaft angled down like it was disconnected. It looked like she was changing it. We put some grease on her ands and other places. Some on the dress. Then I took a broom and swept the drive and dirt some. And then ran it over her. Took a couple pics.

She posted it on facebook a little later. Captioned it Jeep problem after the ceremony. Should have seen all the shocked comments of her ruining her dress. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

People never saw the hints. It was clearly daylight. Of course our reception did not end till it was dark. And her dres was completely fine at the reception. And the dress was a different style. And the fact that neither of us drove a Jeep to the weding or reception. Even her mother had a bad comment. A person who was with her the entire day. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, it is very appreciated! I do struggle with finding the perfect white balance, I will try your suggestion and see what I come up with!
Thanks again.
Everyone shoots differently. One thing I keep consistent in my settings is the white balance; it's set to shade almost 100 percent of the time, no matter the lighting conditions. I find that it creates rich warm skin tones that need little tweaking.

Thanks again.
Everyone shoots differently. One thing I keep consistent in my settings is the white balance; it's set to shade almost 100 percent of the time, no matter the lighting conditions. I find that it creates rich warm skin tones that need little tweaking.
This is quite interesting! Im a huge fan of your work, I will have to give this a try and see how it works for me.

I appreciate you sharing this with me. Thank you!

Should have seen all the shocked comments of her ruining her dress.
Well, I guess if you're going to "trash the dress", you might as well make it productive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back