Portrait

2095913999_86bcb0d964.jpg

Great work BenjieO. I see you are from the Philippines. Do you work in Manila? Do you know Eric Liongoren by chance?

Thanks Digital Matt and asherexplore!

While I am from the Philippines, I do not work in Manila. I work from a group of islands called Cebu. Some of my work however, has reached a couple of publications in Manila.

Having said that, I don't know a fellow named Eric Liongoren. I'm sure he's a good person just like the people here at TPF.

cheers!

very nice, can I ask what camera and lenses you used for these?

hey MarcusM! thanks for dropping by. I use a Canon 30D and I was using a 50mm f1.8 for this shot.

Wow, the quality is amazing. I can't wait to get my new camera! Either a 40D or 5D, I'm still debating...it'll be awhile though. The wife gets mad every time I mention it! :confused:

Very nice work benjieO. Your lighting is spot on. Your models are very attractive as well. I agree as mentioned, not too keen on the crop of #3.

Thanks for sharing. Please post more for us.

I agree, the lighting looks great on the first shot. It looks like you broke the rule of the shoulders being square with the camera, but it definitely works with that shot.
I think it works in this case, as little as I know, is because of benjieO's use of angles. Notice the models right shoulder, elbow and hand are slightly dropped below the left which gives an illusion of the model not being square to the camera. Very subtle, very effective.

kundalini: you got me there...my secret on that shot revealed!

thank you so much for the comments! i'm glad you guys like the images i post here.

daghang salamat = thank you

Most reactions

Back