Portrait

here's something new:

2401261414_499475f639.jpg

The hi key shots are great. Actually, all your shots are pretty amazing. Shooting a whole body or, worse yet, multiple bodies, on white is the bane of my existence. I always have to do a lot of pp on these types of shots. Did you do a lot of pp on the white back drops? I always get a lot of light dropping off the edges which has to be fixed later. I use a lot of diffusion on the back drop and have tried the back drop light on a boom, or low, diffused and not diffused and I still get the same mess. I have followed the standard lighting ratios to get my white really white to no avail. Am I given to understand you don't light the back drop at all???? As much as you can share would be most appreciated.

The hi key shots are great. Actually, all your shots are pretty amazing. Shooting a whole body or, worse yet, multiple bodies, on white is the bane of my existence. I always have to do a lot of pp on these types of shots. Did you do a lot of pp on the white back drops? I always get a lot of light dropping off the edges which has to be fixed later. I use a lot of diffusion on the back drop and have tried the back drop light on a boom, or low, diffused and not diffused and I still get the same mess. I have followed the standard lighting ratios to get my white really white to no avail. Am I given to understand you don't light the back drop at all???? As much as you can share would be most appreciated.

thank you so much for the wonderful comments!

I do light my backdrop with two strobes that are diffused by a 60cm by 60cm softbox on 3/4 power (i think) . yes, i do get a mess at times but my PP workflow does not take more that 15 minutes per image despite using multiple softwares for my PP including getting a perfect white backdrop.

I am working SO HARD on my studio work and this is what I aspire to do!

What lens are you using for the top photos if you don't mind my asking?

thanks for the wonderful comments.

jenncolang: for most of my shots i either use the 50mm f1.8 or the sigma 24-70 f2.8

Your work is great. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back