Portrait :)

MatthewKern

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my girlfriend (hopefully soon-to-be fiancé). I think this is the only portrait that I have ever shot before. Her face looks pink on some monitors for some reason.
lwany.jpg

My living room, Michigan

Very attractive young lady... I like that it's a natural looking photo (not posed-looking). Very good! :thumbup:

I agree. It looks very much like a professional advertisment. You know, the "care free, fun loving" look. I think the thing that I like most about it is the color of the background. I might put it in photoshop and actually make the green stand out a bit more. It accents her face and especially the color of her hair nicely.

-Fiona

This is a really great portrait, love the colors and movement of her hair. Nicely done!

nice natural capture :thumbsup:
like the colors :)

I guess I'm "odd man out" on this one. While I like the "pose" and framing, I can't get past the one light, on camera flash look. The shadow around the nose and mouth, and the overall flat look of the image is, IMO, keeping this one from being a complete success.

Pretty girl! When are you gonna "pop the question?"

Pete

I'll try and word this one better.

Your girl looks rather dashing. I would, if it were not for your obvious hold on her heart, be more than inclined to ask her on a date or 3.

For real though, looks like you got a hot little model in your own backyard, as it were. You should use her more often, I sure as hell would.

bace said:
I'll try and word this one better.

Your girl looks rather dashing. I would, if it were not for your obvious hold on her heart, be more than inclined to ask her on a date or 3.

For real though, looks like you got a hot little model in your own backyard, as it were. You should use her more often, I sure as hell would.

Thanks, I think. Yeah... I do want to take more photos of her, but she's never really up to it. She's a little camera shy I guess. Like with this shot I had to surprise her, I snapped this as she was turning away. It keeps me on my toes though.

And to answer Christie photo's question:
I am going to pop the question when I have the money to buy a ring and get a place. Right now I'm a broke college student. If I had a good job and some more money in my savings I would definetly "pop the question". I guess it's sad that I am letting money control the realitionship that much.

Most reactions

Back