TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0392-small2.jpg

criticise it plz!

explain your lighting setup, equipment setup, anything out of the norm that you did. Without knowing much of anything, your background looks fake for an outdoor shot.

Your model kind of has a crotch shot going too. The hands cover it but the position of the legs is may still be awkward. Thats how normal people sit and the model looks comfortable, but I dunno may be something to consider.

saw an old barn on the side of the road, at about 8am, used a nikon d80 with 18-70mm, natural lighting maybe too much post processing? heres the original, its under exposed, and ugly haha:

DSC_0392.jpg

interesting, looks like you used lamps in the edited. The edited is better than the first, more detail, maybe a little too much.

Too much barn on the top of the photo otherwise...edited version is awesome! I need lessons :)

Maybe toning down the highlighted barn spot would help -at this point (on the edited version) it looks like a flash that was pointed incorrectly and it missed the subject. Also there is a little washed out spot by the left arm that is distracting. Possibly a different crop with not so much barn door would help before framing. Otherwise (to me) a pretty good pic.

IMO, the pp is not as good as it could be.
The original door and background was good, but the figure was underexposed.
I would suggest making a duplicate layer, fixing the exposure on the subject and then masking in the background.

I think except for the board shooting through the subjects head I think the first one is an excellent shot. And you are right about the original shot.

Most reactions

Back