Portraits at the Zoo?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by DemonAstroth, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DemonAstroth

DemonAstroth TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I did... with a few other random shots. I was happy to have carried my camera that day, as this was completely unexpected. We met some friends for lunch, and then decided to head out to the zoo. All pics taken with my 70-200 F/4 L IS.

First time ever shooting with a CPL, so no lens hood now. Is there an alternative?

CC appreciated of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Not its best angle, but considering the amount of people around it was the best I could do.
    [​IMG]

7. (I hate the back fence, but at least the equally annoying front fence has been mostly avoided)

[​IMG]

8. Too busy?
    [​IMG]

9. The fastest moving subject.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Most folks here won't give C&C if you have more than 4 pictures in your thread. What you might want to do is separate the pictures with people in them and leave them in this thread. Then put all the animal pictures in another thread by themselves and the flower pictures in another thread by themselves. You'll get more responses that way.

3. PhotoSigma

PhotoSigma TPF Noob!

1. Sky is blown out, composition is bad, lighting is unflattering, saturation is low.
    2. Fence is distracting, flowers appear to be the subject instead of the girl – I’d place her higher and larger in the frame.
    3. Pretty, nice colors. Yellow flowers in top left detract from the picture.
    4. Picture seems a little dark and uninteresting.
    5. Snapshot quality. Bad pose, camera strap distracting, guys hat causing a shadow on his face, etc.
    6. Background is too dark, bad position of the animal.
    7. Saturation or vibrance is very low – lacks any good color. Cage distracting.
    8. Too busy
    9. Love it. Great DoF, color, and sharpness.
    10. The hands are distracting me.

4. dak1b

dak1b TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    too many to C&C

5. Beverly Stayart

Beverly Stayart TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was so fascinated by the gorgeous zoo animals I didn't really notice the fence in the background.