Portraits C&C welcome! (14 Photos)

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Richard, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Richard

Richard TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Okay just did what I would call my very FIRST REAL portrait session! Most of the times my portraits are of my kids. But this time I got a hold of a sister-in-law and a couple of her friends and I was able to use them as models. I am really pleased with the photos even though I know they are not perfect which is why I am looking for some C&C from some eyes that see more than a client does. ;) Hope you enjoy. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JCleveland

JCleveland TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just wanna say I really like number seven and nine

3. kellylindseyphotography

kellylindseyphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    7 and 11 are good .. 11 would be sooo good if that tree wasn't growng out of her head.

the others are kinda snapshotty. cute. but nothing *spectacular* Like I'd love to have seen more shots like #7 based on their "real"ness in the hsot. Many of their looks seem forced or posed. And its your job as the photographer to direct them not to be that way. Lighten up. Play some music, have fun. They are all *technically* well done, which is a big plus!

4. NateS

NateS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The first thing I notice is that the skin tones seem washed out in a few....particularly 2-5. Also the clothing in a lot of these are overexposed pretty bad. For example the white top in 14 has lost pretty much all the detail. The backgrounds are exposed properly though. Maybe it's the exposure mode you are using. I would try next time using whatever canon's equivalent is to Nikon's "Spot" exposure.

5. Diesele

Diesele TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here goes my first post so seems a bit cheeky to criticise! However all the shots look overexposed to me - paricularly skin tones. I've had a 40D a week now and mine too were the same on my first test shoot. I switched it to centre weighed metering and it has helped the issue. Also flash tends to burn out a bit on mine so I always wind it in a little. Also watch your horizontals.

I'm sure the girls are delighted though :)

D

6. milavidal

milavidal TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good pictures overall..All you have to watch out for is for their backs...(arched)
    other than that, number 5 would have looked a little better if her body was turned a little bit to the left or right...