Portraits/Fashion Shots

PaulPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. Thought I'd share a few portraits/fashion shots I have done:

headshutsn3.jpg

indianajones5aessrr8.jpg

indianajonezactressli2.jpg

I don't want to be a buzzkill, and I don't want this to sound mean, but... I don't think I like your model's face. It really looks like you used the liquify tool to give her fake eyes and lips, and I'm finding it kind of disturbing. Is this a PS thing or a makeup thing? If you look at #3, there's a difference of lightness between her face and her neck, that could be lighting, makeup, or over skin-smoothing (or all three).

Again, not trying to diss the way anyone looks, but I'm bringing it up because it looks kinda overdone.

No, it's okay. I can see why you would think that. I didn't touch her face in post, she has very large eyes and lips and I think the lens I used embraced that, which was my intention. Also, she was lying down in the first one so the gravity was obviously pulling down on her face, which might explain why you think I used the liquify tool. You are right about the neck though, I smoothed it out and it isn't as lit as well as I would have liked. Thanks for your opinion.

The lighting is good but I have to say, in the second shot you either have a disfigured model or you thoroughly botched the touch-up.

If the model was disfigured, and if I botched my work, the companies that hired us sure are burning a ton of money..

While I can appreciate that you're a paid "professional," that doesn't make you impervious to mistakes. You botched the retouch. Suck it up, learn from it, and move on. No one is stopping you from continuing with your present workflow. But I guarantee that it will get you into trouble with a more demanding client. You're lying through your teeth about not doing a retouch. And now you've gone and tucked your tail between your legs, deleting the shots from the original post. Poor attitude, man.

I am not running with my tail between my legs, I have nothing to prove to you. I make a 6 digit figure salary, and love what I do. I have been in the business for over 30 years. As I said before, I did not touch the girl's face in post. It seems you have a reputation of shooting down other photographers' work. You must be insecure in your craft. My only advice for you is to turn that negative energy into a positive by working harder at your craft.

Hi and welcome - I think you should replace the photos. Sure you didnt get a good vibe with your first post here but there are lots of people that like to help and enjoy seeing all types of photography. There are a lot of people here also that like to say what they think about everyone elses work but never post their own. Something you have to get used to but it's a neat place to belong to when the moon isn't full. ;)

Sorry I was too late to see your posted photos. Maybe next time.

I am not running with my tail between my legs, I have nothing to prove to you. I make a 6 digit figure salary, and love what I do. I have been in the business for over 30 years. As I said before, I did not touch the girl's face in post. It seems you have a reputation of shooting down other photographers' work. You must be insecure in your craft. My only advice for you is to turn that negative energy into a positive by working harder at your craft.

Proof is in the pudding, buddy. Dr. Phil makes more money than most psychiatrists but is hardly the better doctor. I'm not trying to shoot you down. I'm pointing out a problem with your shooting/editing-- one that you apparently should have noticed about 28 years ago. Even if you didn't specifically touch the face, your processing workflow clearly modified it. The fact that you're a pro neither means that you're always right nor that I'm always wrong.

Welcome to the forum Paul. Jimmyjaceymom is right, there are a few people here who are quick to judge, but that doesn't mean you need to take your photo's down. I would love to see the photos if you are willing to show them again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back