Portraits for C&C

kbuyers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these of a friend not to long ago and would really like some input!

ChelseaPhotoshoot02-11-100142.jpg

ChelseaPhotoshoot02-11-101212.jpg

ChelseaPhotoshoot02-11-101242.jpg

ChelseaPhotoshoot02-11-101373.jpg

ChelseaPhotoshoot02-11-101355.jpg

I am a beginner but I think they look really good. I do think that your sig is a little too big on the head shots.

L

nice composition IMO, I would lower the greens a little on the two colored ones, I think her blond streak comes out a little green.

But I enjoyed watching your photos, I am sure your model loved them too

I would like to ask if this girl ever smiles. The pictures aren't that flattering, not even showing teeth. I don't care if she didn't "want" to but you need a smiling picture.

1) Nice exposure, wall and that nose ring is distracting. It's a part of her, but still distracting. Have seniors take out face jewelry if it's subtle. As a photographer, the most subtle of face jewelry stick out like a sore thumb

2) Remember the rule of thirds. Too centered of a composition. Foreground is distracting, especially those out of focus grass blades.

3) Nice in black and white. Seems a little soft. Again, remember the rule of thirds for composition.

4) The desaturate look of this works good, BUT make sure to pay attention to your background at ALL times. That should be as equally important and actually taking the picture. Those plant pots, while technically are "leading lines" they're not needed.

5) Doesn't work in black and white. Blown highlights. Expose for the highlights and use flash to fill. What was your focus point. It should ALWAYS be the eyes (with very few exceptions). This photo is soft

Hope this helps you for future shoots.

They need to smile!

~Michael~

The eyes are not as sharp as I would expect them to be, especially in #3.
I would recommend trying f/8 and making sure your focal point is placed on them.

Some off camera flash would be great here. I see you are shooting wide open, higher ISO, and still around 1/30 for the shutter. Some additional lighting would give you more flexibility.

Most reactions

Back