Portraits/Misc C&C Please

sam0182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few shots from the last couple of weeks...I know I posted quite a few, just point out what really screams good, bad, etc.

Please nevermind the watermarks, I'm in experiment mode...

As always, thank you :)

1:

20100821-GirlsOK (51 of 55) by sam0182, on Flickr

2:

20100821-GirlsOK (46 of 55) by sam0182, on Flickr

3:

20100821-GirlsOK (33 of 55) by sam0182, on Flickr

4:

20100821-GirlsOK (16 of 55) by sam0182, on Flickr

5:

20100821-GirlsOK (6 of 55) by sam0182, on Flickr

6:

20100811-DSC_0523 by sam0182, on Flickr

7:

20100811-DSC_0517 by sam0182, on Flickr

8:

20100811-DSC_0420 by sam0182, on Flickr

9:

20100811-DSC_0267 by sam0182, on Flickr

10:

20100811-DSC_0125bw by sam0182, on Flickr

11:

20100811-DSC_0093 by sam0182, on Flickr

12:

20100811-DSC_0087 by sam0182, on Flickr

13:

DSC_0206crop by sam0182, on Flickr

14:

DSC_0080 by sam0182, on Flickr

15:

untitled-27 by sam0182, on Flickr

16:

untitled-14 by sam0182, on Flickr

17:

untitled-21 by sam0182, on Flickr

18:

untitled-26 by sam0182, on Flickr

19:

untitled-52 by sam0182, on Flickr

20:

untitled-51 by sam0182, on Flickr

21:

untitled-47 by sam0182, on Flickr

Exposures all look really good. Nice work. Hard to pick one but that was the first thing i noticed consistently balanced exposures.

wow lots of pictures. Ok here goes, just my initial thoughts which you can take with a grain of salt or toss out the window. :)

1.Whats going on with skin tone here?
2. I like this but the way you shot it it almost over top of her head which makes the forehead look bigger than needed I think.
3. Ok but I don't like her face covered by her hair. I would like to see the color version of this.
4. Ok, kind of snapshotish to me sorry.
5. Its ok, wonder what the lighting in the color version looks like.
6. Is cute, but Im not a fan of the tilted shots. Again something going on with skin tone.
7.Again with the skin tone.
8. I like this, would have been perfect if both of them had been entirely silhouetted to match or just like he is on right.
9. I like this shot as is.
10. Sorry tilted shot, don't care for them.
11. Ah fish eyes. I can't handle them lol something about them makes my head hurt. Dont care for them.
12.Sorry another fisheye.
13. Its ok.
14. Fisheye I cant c&c them since Im biased.
15. I like this, even if it looks to be mid day with the harsh shadows.
16. Assuming same time of day according the light side of her left face.
17. Not a bad shot.
18. Doesn't work for me sorry.
19. I think this has the potential to be a good shot but you cut her off on left side.
20. Neat perspective, I like the dof and color.

Much thanks and I absolutely understand the bias. Skin tone was killed in a few due to initial over exposure (harsh sun, really) and myself trying to compensate via post process.

I'll get back to the rest in more detail, thanks again for your time in reviewing these, above and beyond my request! :)

wow lots of pictures. Ok here goes, just my initial thoughts which you can take with a grain of salt or toss out the window. :)

2. I like this but the way you shot it it almost over top of her head which makes the forehead look bigger than needed I think.
3. Ok but I don't like her face covered by her hair. I would like to see the color version of this.
6. Is cute, but Im not a fan of the tilted shots. Again something going on with skin tone.
8. I like this, would have been perfect if both of them had been entirely silhouetted to match or just like he is on right.
11. Ah fish eyes. I can't handle them lol something about them makes my head hurt. Dont care for them.
13. Its ok.
17. Not a bad shot.
19. I think this has the potential to be a good shot but you cut her off on left side.

Much thanks and I absolutely understand the bias. Skin tone was killed in a few due to initial over exposure (harsh sun, really) and myself trying to compensate via post process.

I'll get back to the rest in more detail, thanks again for your time in reviewing these, above and beyond my request! :)

13. Its ok.
17. Not a bad shot.

Lol I had time tonight. Been working on pictures all day, so back and forth from forums lol.

Wow..about 17 too many photos to comment on. They are sort of all over the place. Lots of gimmicky angles and weird lens looks. Of all of them, #'s 3 and 10 are my favorites for their simplicity.

Wow..about 17 too many photos to comment on. They are sort of all over the place. Lots of gimmicky angles and weird lens looks. Of all of them, #'s 3 and 10 are my favorites for their simplicity.

Thanks Derrel, much thanks for your input, appreciated as always! :)

I'll keep future posts more defined and subject/shot/etc specific.

Most reactions

Back