Portraits of Krysta

DeCall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first photo shoot with someone other than a family member. :wink: I would really appreciate any and all C & C on these.

rDSC_1700.jpg

rDSC_1689.jpg

rDSC_1605.jpg

rDSC_1605BW.jpg

rDSC_1583.jpg

rDSC_1564.jpg

I personally think these are beautiful photos, nice posing, lovely colors but then it seems like you had the perfect ham as a model! Great job!

I personally think these are beautiful photos, nice posing, lovely colors but then it seems like you had the perfect ham as a model! Great job!

Thanks so much! She is such a sweet little girl and loved being in front of the camera. She was much easier than the next shoot that I did....at 2 1/2 years old. LOL

Thanks Tek, #3 is one of my favs also. I hope the conversion looks okay.

Thanks Epp, I appreciate your input. I'm always trying to learn how I can improve my pp skills.

Very nice pictures. That girl is a natural in front of the camera. #3 is my favorite. The only thing I could suggest would be to turn the brightness down and bring the contrast up on the first 2. I am by no means an expert or pro, so I may be way off.

You said your photos were ok to edit, so I took the liberty to see how it would look if we did. How's this look?

2846605881_bce3454bcc_o.jpg

Very nice pictures. That girl is a natural in front of the camera. #3 is my favorite. The only thing I could suggest would be to turn the brightness down and bring the contrast up on the first 2. I am by no means an expert or pro, so I may be way off.

You said your photos were ok to edit, so I took the liberty to see how it would look if we did. How's this look?

Thanks Crazydad! I like the improvement in your edit. What program do you use?

Thanks Crazydad! I like the improvement in your edit. What program do you use?

Thanks, glad you liked it. I use Photoshop Elements 6.0 (came preloaded on my system)

I thought #1 was pretty close to perfect, DeCall. Great depth of field and catchlights in the eyes.

The white balance leaned toward green, however. That's not unusual when shooting with a lot of green around, like in trees or grass. It also tends to throw your exposure off slightly since grass tends to becomes the 18% gray the meter is looking for.

An edit with the green channel reduced by 5%, -1/3 exposure adjustment, and some sharpening.

rDSC_1700.jpg

The first one definitely has some blueish tint. You can quickly adjust in Photoshop using color balance (image/adjustment/color balance).

I did a quick adjustment on the original photo and see the result.
photo_forum_mod_1.jpg

Some would say subject is too much centered according to rules of thirds but I like them. Maybe just the #2 could be cropped a little closer to her shoulder on the left.

Very nice pictures overall.

There is a little bit too much of the color CYAN in #1 and #2. You could do selective coloring to minimize that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back