Portraits of my daughter

nice shot.
Loved the third picture and the post

Nice shots, but the light appears to be stronger on her right side and it puts a little (tiny) bit of a shadow on her left side which is bugging me a lil bit. Maybe next time try to get the light a little more even.

But still very nice shots.

I see no color cast in the image. However, what color is the background?

i really like the first shot. the expression and pose is great!

First, thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

Normally, my posts wither and die after a day, so this is exciting :lol:

I hope its not bad form, but I wanted to post a couple of more. I'll not add any more after this.;)
3218325335_06ce650a29.jpg

3219177296_e738f7c5e8.jpg

Nice shots, but the light appears to be stronger on her right side and it puts a little (tiny) bit of a shadow on her left side which is bugging me a lil bit. Maybe next time try to get the light a little more even.

Thanks, zbo. I really appreciate the comment. I had a feeling that the lighting was more strong on the right, but I wasn't able to correct it, even with a reflector. Do you think I need another strobe on the left? My reflector improved things, but not enough.

Thanks, all.

...the light appears to be stronger on her right side and it puts a little (tiny) bit of a shadow on her left side.... Maybe next time try to get the light a little more even.

Whoa! Hold on. That's EXACTLY what he should be trying to do.

No shadow will result in no shaping... no depth.

UncleRico.... these look quite nice. I'd say your right around a 2:1 lighting ratio. You may want even MORE ratio for low key portraits... 3:1.

I really like the pose where she's sitting on her feet. Good pose... good expression... and very nice lighting!

-Pete

Very cute. Are you using seamless paper as a backdrop?

Nice work. Second one in the OP and the 1st one at the end of the 1st page are my favorites.

Expose more! Sometimes its ok to overexpose on kids...especially girls
excellent shots

Whoa! Hold on. That's EXACTLY what he should be trying to do.

No shadow will result in no shaping... no depth.

UncleRico.... these look quite nice. I'd say your right around a 2:1 lighting ratio. You may want even MORE ratio for low key portraits... 3:1.

I really like the pose where she's sitting on her feet. Good pose... good expression... and very nice lighting!

-Pete

Very cute. Are you using seamless paper as a backdrop?

Nice work. Second one in the OP and the 1st one at the end of the 1st page are my favorites.

Lovely shots. She's a great little model!

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I had forgotten about this post, so I apologize for not responding sooner.

In regards to the question regarding the background, yes, I used seamless paper.

While I like the lighting, there are a few from the series that seem to be a little dark around the edges. I'm trying to make due with a single light. Hopefully, I'll buy another soon.

Thanks!

Ryan

Most reactions

Back