Portraits on new years eve

elementguy13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been messing with my new 50mm 1.8. (i love it)
what do you guys think? C&C is welcome :D

4234950529_077e527bc8_b.jpg

4234976287_4155ce0b10_b.jpg

And I'll throw in the first day of my 365 :p

4234933425_4164a43925_b.jpg

Thanks!

cool shots. i have nothing to offer here C&C wise as im just not knowledgable enough. something about the focal point of number 3 is getting me though... could perhaps be my crappy monitor.

i got a 50mm 1.8 on the way! cant wait to play.

You will love it! It makes me wonder how I got by with the stock lens for a year.

You will love it! It makes me wonder how I got by with the stock lens for a year.

i only have a d40, but i hope to get some good shots of my sister who is pregnant about to pop lol. and ofcourse the baby when born :D

seeing these, i cant wait for this thing to come!

Yeah well I only have a d60 so its not much higher then yours so a lot is possible. The DOF with this lens is amazing as you are already most likely aware from research :p

yea man! the 1.4 was out of my price range, so the 1.8 seemed like a good compromise! i broke my 18-55 so i ordered another for cheap last night. got a 55-200 for xmas. cant wait to get shooting! goodluck

Yeah the price jump from a 1.8 to 1.4 is crazy. Thanks, you too!

Cool...I really like #1! except for the snow looking blown out...but not much anyone could do about that. I think the 1.8 will be my next purchase if I don't get a an SB600 first. So to post pictures from Flickr, do you just copy the entire URL and post it here? I haven't seen

This and other threads i've searched on this lens have made up my mind, i'm gettin it.
I got the 20mmf2.8 last year and love that,just wanted another prime with more focal length, this is the one. Love the second piano shot BTW.

Cool...I really like #1! except for the snow looking blown out...but not much anyone could do about that. I think the 1.8 will be my next purchase if I don't get a an SB600 first. So to post pictures from Flickr, do you just copy the entire URL and post it here? I haven't seen tags like on photobucket.[/quote]

Thanks guys! To post your picture from flickr get the url and then when your posting your thread click the button above that looks like the iphoto logo if your familiar. Its just under the smiley face and to the right a few. Its orange :p hope that helps.

#1 - being that its a heavyset subject, filling the frame and composing the way you did - you really did add 10-20lbz
#2 - I like BW, its classic. Good job capturing your subject and keep him, THE WHOLE HIM, in focus :)
#3 - its a wasted frame for me
#4 - I LiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKe :D

Most reactions

Back