Portraits second try

Peniole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So ths is my second try at portraits after getting some great feedback on my first attempt in the critique section, Thanks to all who responded. Nothing awfully creative just trying to learn the basics for outdoor portraits.

P5280011copy.jpg

P52800162pscopy.jpg

P52800402pscopy.jpg

P52800462pscopy.jpg

In each of these (1,2,4) the light background is making the face a little dull and /or shadowed. Fill flash would have helped a lot.

These 3 could all be handled in post-processing but it's really difficult to show how pictures can be improved in post-processing if editing is not allowed.

Thanks for looking and for the input. However, I don't appreciate the jab about not allowing to edit, you've brought this up before in a separate thread and PM'd several people to explain their choice, it's a personal choice and we each explained our reasons, so unless I put something in the serious critique section it's my choice not to allow editing. If that means less comments because you can't put your post processing technique/critique in words so I can follow, so be it.

P.S. I don't see why it's difficult, I've done it for other posts, I go through my post process edit in steps, I find it helps the OP in learning (if he/she so wishes) about post processing. Same as I'm trying to learn and overcome my deficiencies.

Your subject seems to have a nice warmth and friendliness about her. Not bad for second try. My only nitpicks:

#1, too much space on the top.

#2, background is too busy.

#3, too much space around the subject on top, left, and right.

#4, again, too much space on the top.

Keep posting. :)

NJ

I agree with the Traveller. I think number one is great but she sould stand to lose the purse strap and I think leaning into that pole a little would give it more purpose in the phot. :)

Thanks for the input NJ and Kathi :)

Oh and thanks for the encouragement NJ, it does sometimes get frustrating with all the mistakes I make. As long as I learn from them, I guess that's what counts.

Hey no problem... only checking back I see how awful my typos are and I don't even know how you understood what I was saying. Sorry, I have to move fast, I'm on a time limit! ;)

Well thanks for taking the time Kathi, really appreciate it :) It's amazing how our minds filter out typos and still manage to get the message ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back