Portraits?

laam999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to make some nice profesional looking portrait photos.

I have a 350d with the kit lense (I'm a poor student so my lense list will very slowly get better).

Looking online it seems much harder to find information on what kit to use than I expected, I would like to take both "studio" style photos (mostly with a cheap setup I can get for my home) and outdoor shots.

I'm bassically asking what I would need in terms of lighting and flash's and possible a good "portait lens" (was thinking either the 50mm or 28mm f1.8 primes).

The background seems the be the easiest studio equiptment to get, but other than that I wonder what type of lights, flashes ect I would need. Also is it worth buying a flash unit for my cam? I belive I would get better results with a flash unit rather than the built in.

I know I won't be able to be able to afford most of the gear anytime soon but I would just like to take some impressive looking photos of my family to show them how great the camera they got me was (it was a HUGE supprise for my 21st).

thanks all

-laam-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back