kirif1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

This is my first time one on one with someone and taking portrait shots. The mom wanted them mostly in black and white. Any advise and comments welcome...tell me what you think!

3980952447_65df0d614a.jpg

3981703842_5361c36a06.jpg

3980927531_4376790b11.jpg

3981691586_908b68075f.jpg

Nice work - you've captured a lot of the subject's personality in there. On the last two I find the background quite distracting though, would have been worth rearranging the furniture or hunting around for a view with bare wall behind, perhaps.

Of course the shot with the dog is cute. I also like the light.

The second frame falls short because of his arms. Folded arms give off a insecure and uncomfortable vibe. Hands are second to eyes in importance for a good portrait. Arguably hands are the key to a good portrait.

The third and fourth shot are questionable. Why is he on the floor? Why is there a bowl of spaghetti in the background?

Love & Bass

Thanks for the comments. I have left the background in focus as I wanted to create an 'at home' atmosphere as per the parents' request. I do agree that it's a bit busy and might look into blurring it out a bit.

I thought the shots on the floor would be an interesting angle and it's not spaghetti... it's pot-pourri!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back