Portraits

PreludeX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
christie4.jpg

I find the image a bit confusing... the subject, clothing, setting, angle and propping seem to be out of concert. I admit though it's hard to appreciate the overall composition when viewing the image in pieces... it dosen't fit on my monitor.

I agree the lighting ratio is too great.

Tell us a bit about your thinking behind this one, and maybe re-post a smaller version for viewing.

Thanks!

-Pete

when i shot this, i shot it at night, using headlights to spill onto the background, and using one lumedyne light shooting through an umbrella. I picked the make-up and dark clothing to set a mood of someone "working" the streets you can say. thus the very urban enviroment and harsh lighting... i have another two that i plan on posting... stay in touch and watch for those.

It didn't even cross my mind that this would be someone working the streets. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I don't really think this choice of lighting helps give it that feel. I think that maybe if you used found light (like maybe a streetlamp?) it might seem a bit more realistic.
-April

found light like a street lamp would give me a long shutter speed even with a fast lens.. being this area that has no close street light, i had to use headlights and lumedynes, all i know is that i scouted this location with this in mind and that i got a 1700 check... :D thats the part that matters :p

Most reactions

Back