Portraiture, Dave Hill? (im sorry)

dave196

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For a level 3 scholarship paper (last year of high school),
our task was to emulate a modern photographers style.
I chose to do Dave Hill style portraits, using a studio light rig, and various editing programmes,
here are my results.
C&C welcome (unless your here to get onto the whole "get your own style" rubbish that Dave Hill seems to inspire)

Riddlebadboycopy.jpg

Superhilldave.jpg

dave3.jpg

sittingcopy.jpg

waterboy1.jpg

DRdudes1.jpg

Hmmm haloing seems to be a problem in almost all of them, but on prints it is unnoticeable.

Thanks

I think the first,second,and third photos turned out pretty well! I think the second image has a strange,foreboding,almost sinister quality to it; I only wish it were rendered a bit brighter and lighter, maybe with just a simple lifting of the curves.

I think your third pose is the strongest,overall, but the framing is a bit tight on him; I think a bit more space around him would improve the composition,since as-shown it feels a bit tight,and there's a bit too much tension between him and the edges of the frame.

Overall, pretty good at making some Dave Hill-inspired photos.

I love the second one! Very well done!

The 2nd one is acutally of myself, this shot was one of my favourites of the bunch. The water shot was probably the most difficult, as i was using self timer, and ended up geussing very wrong with the timing several times. ended up using 2L of water and had a soaking uniform for the rest of the day......
Aside from that, thanks for the positive feedback. I handed in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd photo and got an Excellence worth 8 credits, which is always good.
If anyones interested in the tech used PM me :)
Thanks,
Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back