Portraiture software?

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there anything similar to Portraiture (the plug in for Adobe) that will soften complexions and skin tone that is not as pricey?

TIA!

Yeah; Taking the time and learning how to do it yourself is not as pricey. Only time is needed and it will separate you from the competition. Creating your own actions in photoshop is a powerful tool. Arguably global filters and or global retouching is frowned upon in professional photography.

Love & Bass

Last edited:
Does anybody have any good links to do this sort of pp in photoshop? Might be helpful to the OP.

I have my own methods, but sometimes I feel they're a bit too time consuming. It's always interesting to see how other people do things, get a new perspective and all that.

Honestly, I find portraiture to be the most natural and entirely worth the investment. :) Yes you can do it in photoshop so if you can master that, go for it, but portraiture is pretty darn amazing :)

You could have a play around with this one, it's a plug in or stand alone and you can download a trial for free. Portrait Professional - Enhance your photos using the best airbrushing and photo editing software

They should call this Plastic Professional. It has helped ruin more portraits in the hands of novices and experianced photographers alike. The learning curve on Photoshop is not much steeper and the results are far better. Learn to do it right and you will never regret it.

If I get a chance in the next day or two I will put together a screen grab tutorial of how I do my portrait retouching and post a link to the action I wrote to speed up the process based on the step by step

If I get a chance in the next day or two I will put together a screen grab tutorial of how I do my portrait retouching and post a link to the action I wrote to speed up the process based on the step by step

Now that'll be handy. I always like to see the workflows of others. It can be quite educational.

You could have a play around with this one, it's a plug in or stand alone and you can download a trial for free. Portrait Professional - Enhance your photos using the best airbrushing and photo editing software

i'm sorry, but i'm not a fan of this at all.. in looking at the sample on the front page, from original to touched up, she looks like a totally different person.. now i totally believe in editing photos and making them look bettr, but, when the photo no longer looks like the original person.. i think thats too much

They should call this Plastic Professional. It has helped ruin more portraits in the hands of novices and experianced photographers alike. The learning curve on Photoshop is not much steeper and the results are far better. Learn to do it right and you will never regret it.

i too am looking forward to seeing this

I'm also an advocate of taking the time to learn retouching skills yourself. You can apply them to any situation, and the results will be exactly the way you want them to be.

I would absolutly love that. I am just not very good at photoshop, I sit for hours and try and try. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Most reactions

Back