Possible Nex-5n Hotshoe adaptor.

No, this converts Sony/Minolta proprietary hotshoe to a " normal" one. What I ran across plugs into the little smart port on top of the nex5n where the EVF and flash plugs into and uses a normal hotshoe.

No, this converts Sony/Minolta proprietary hotshoe to a " normal" one. What I ran across plugs into the little smart port on top of the nex5n where the EVF and flash plugs into and uses a normal hotshoe.

I can't imagine throwing a full size flash on top of a nex, the flash other than a 20 would be larger than the camera. Perhaps you could use it to put a radio trigger on it.

Thats the big part of it, the big reason this is so exciting is because many want to use a remote trigger on their camera.

Sony is really good at devising ways to get into peoples wallets. ;)
KmH,
Most of your comments in this section are not helpful and unnecessarily negative. Based on all your comments in here, I would venture to say you are a bitter ex Sony employee or you feel you were somehow wronged by the company. As a Sony user and reader of this forum section I find having to weed through your negative commentary boring and repetitive and wish you would either offer constructive advice and insights or leave the Sony users forum be.

Thanks.

Sony is really good at devising ways to get into peoples wallets. ;)
KmH,
Most of your comments in this section are not helpful and unnecessarily negative. Based on all your comments in here, I would venture to say you are a bitter ex Sony employee or you feel you were somehow wronged by the company. As a Sony user and reader of this forum section I find having to weed through your negative commentary boring and repetitive and wish you would either offer constructive advice and insights or leave the Sony users forum be.

Thanks.
I think KmH's comment was a tongue-in-cheek remark aimed at Sony's very (IMO) odd concept of using a propietary hot-shoe/flash instead of the industry-standard ISO 10330 hot-shoe used by every other maker.

Why doesn't Sony bring out something to resolve all of the customer complaints about lack of accessories, lack of compatibility, lack of High ISO capability, etc??? Every forum I am on.. people talk about how they CAN'T do something with their Sony's that every other camera brand owner has no problems with.... they sound really frustrated!

Then something like the adapter the OP mentioned comes out.. what IF it totally screws up your camera? I can almost bet Sony won't repair (under warranty or not) if you use something like this to do something the camera wasn't designed to do! Good luck with it, though! :)

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

"Then something like the adapter the OP mentioned comes out.. what IF it totally screws up your camera? I can almost bet Sony won't repair (under warranty or not) if you use something like this to do something the camera wasn't designed to do! Good luck with it, though! :)" - cgipson1

Would you expect Nikon to cover a repair of damage caused by a third party accessory attached to your D7000 or D4? I think you would find the same issues with Nikon customer service given the same scenario.

What I don't understand is the need for a few forum users to come into a specific manufacturer thread and bash that manufacturer. Informative opinion and advice is always needed and welcome, and unnecessary agitation is always unneeded and unwelcome - one of those things we all learned in kindergarten.:hug::

"Then something like the adapter the OP mentioned comes out.. what IF it totally screws up your camera? I can almost bet Sony won't repair (under warranty or not) if you use something like this to do something the camera wasn't designed to do! Good luck with it, though! :)" - cgipson1

Would you expect Nikon to cover a repair of damage caused by a third party accessory attached to your D7000 or D4? I think you would find the same issues with Nikon customer service given the same scenario.

What I don't understand is the need for a few forum users to come into a specific manufacturer thread and bash that manufacturer. Informative opinion and advice is always needed and welcome, and unnecessary agitation is always unneeded and unwelcome - one of those things we all learned in kindergarten.:hug::

Wasn't trying to bash... just commenting on what I have seen! Sorry! I really should just stay out of this area, as there is nothing useful here! But since it does show up in Active Topics, and I can't IGNORE it.... sometimes I post! :)

Accessories designed for Nikon don't have to overcome some weird proprietary design just to be able to do something simple that every other camera can do.... so much less likely to cause an issue!

<<< Note to self... Don't post in the SONY forum! >>> ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back