Possible scam... get a load of this!

Dang, missed those last two posting's while doing my own reply to OverRead.

Ok, I'm gonna send that message to this guy, it's really well-written, defined, and to the point, and I love the mentioning of an attorney and a contract :)

I shall post the reply I get as soon as it arrives. Thanks GryphonSlair99 :)

If you do, I think I would send it to this address [email protected] attention of Mr. Brian Cole, Human Resources. If he exists, then they will know of him and he will get the e-mail. If not, then I guess you will have your answer to the legitimacy of the offer.

Oops, didn't think about sending to that address... I sent it to the one he's been using, which supposedly goes to a UK Might Leaf Tea address. I could still send it to the address you've suggested though. I've yet to get a reply, even though he requested one to be sent today, but nothing yet. Will update as soon as possible.

yah send it to the "offical" website address as well!
Best case is that (if they are real) you warn them of fraud going on under their name - or that htey realise that they really undercharged you ;). If its all fraud chances are you won't get back much of a reply.

Though don't expect a responce from them for a few hours - its middnight overhere in the UK :)

Hehe... yeah, didn't think of the time difference at all. I keep finding myself checking my inbox... will lay off of it for a while.

I just sent it to the official address by the way... hopefully, something good will come out of it, as you said OverRead, if nothing else, they'll be aware of the attempted fraud.

Ok, so after sending the same message to the actual custumer service address, it was returned with a failure, being that the recipients mail box was full. Check it out below:

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: [email protected]
Reason: The mailbox is full

-- The header and top 20 lines of the message follows --

Received: from fmailhost02.isp.att.net [207.115.11.52] by mail.digitalbeachworld.com with SMTP;
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:50:47 -0400
Received: from studio643bc417 (adsl-070-145-215-118.sip.jan.bellsouth.net[70.145.215.118])
by isp.att.net (frfwmhc02) with SMTP
id <20090607233310H0200oucqqe>; Sun, 7 Jun 2009 23:33:10 +0000
X-Originating-IP: [70.145.215.118]
Message-ID: <000601c9e7c8$4b7bcd90$6101a8c0@studio643bc417>
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: "brian cole" <[email protected]>
Subject: My Offer...
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:32:59 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01C9E79E.61F7D250"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C9E79E.61F7D250
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Now you might think the above is not needed, however, pay close attention to it.

First thing, we now have the name "Margaret" being the actual recipient of email going to the "Customer Service" address.

Also, turns out that Brian Cole must be recognized by their system, or something to that effect, cause look what we get... [email protected] <-- I sent the same message to that email address as well.

I thought that this > Received: from studio643bc417 (adsl-070-145-215-118.sip.jan.bellsouth.net was interesting as well, simply because of this > studio643bc417. Studio64 is the name of my shutterfly website, or the beginning. The name in full is "Studio64Photography".

The hole is getting deeper here. I can't wait to see what's next :)

Last edited by a moderator:
my guess is this whole affair is a scam. they didn't bank on you being so cautious, but then again they probably try this trick with numerous "victims" in mind with the goal of netting at least a few. "mr. brian cole" will probably suddenly develop a shy nature and won't reply.

i wonder what happens when you call that line that he provides. maybe an answer machine or a disconnected line?

Make sure it's not a Nigerian (or was it Kenyan?) Prince lol

David, I actually considered calling that number, really did. There's no telling who or what would answer, and lol @ Jaz!

Well, it's 2 AM here for me, not long before calling it a night, but, still no reply from either address, so, perhaps later :)

Jeez... I'm actually craving a response now, though they were probably scared away.

just a tip - but lose your email address from the above post - there are bots that search the net for emails addresses = and once they find them. Well lets say you will suddenly get a lot more emails from nigeria

Well, I guess we have an answer to this little dilemma huh?

Ok, 8:46 AM here in MS, just checked my mail upon waking up, and I had a reply. Now, I would post it here, but, there's no point in it, because it is the SAME reply that was sent the second time, asking for my name, number, etc...

It's identical. The font colors, typing, formating of the message, everything. So, apparently, this most certainly is a scam indeed.

Jeez, you'de think they would have become a bit more creative for the third reply, but, it's probably an automated thing I guess.

Oh well... we finally have an official answer now :)

He gave you a mobile (cell) number, which is a little wierd.

Might be worth ringing 00441377217793, which is the phone number on their homepage, to ask if they are actually looking for a photographer for a model. They are, afterall, a tea company and not a modelling agency...

I think what Adam meant was if this person was actually from the UK he would be far better skilled in his knowledge of the English language. This seems very much a scam to me.

Yep thats what I meant!

Sorry for any confusion

No problem Adam... I stay confused for the most part! :) Was just making sure I didn't offend anyone :)

Most reactions

Back