Post-Apocalyptic Dreams

Wonderful work Alberto! So far, I have seen seven of your photographs, not one of which have I disliked.

It appears, from the limited selection, that you have already found your vision of the world. Were you trained in a photography school in SF?

Well, at any rate, I hope that someone from a proper agency sees your work and hires you. Once employed as a serious photographer, you will be able to promote your own portfolio, too.

Good Luck!

Some people might say a photograph needs to stand on it's own to be good, which is like saying a computer processor needs to be good for the computer to be good. Which is ludicrous. I think the PP is great, and number 3 is my favorite. One thing, do you have the full version of the last one?

Wonderful work Alberto! So far, I have seen seven of your photographs, not one of which have I disliked.

It appears, from the limited selection, that you have already found your vision of the world. Were you trained in a photography school in SF?

Well, at any rate, I hope that someone from a proper agency sees your work and hires you. Once employed as a serious photographer, you will be able to promote your own portfolio, too.

Good Luck!

You are very kind. Too kind ;).

I am totally untrained (and arguably untrainable) in photography or art. I've only picked up photography again 2-3 months ago. I doubt I could support my family doing photography, but thank you for the compliment. For the next few years, at least, I will be enjoying it as a hobby.

Ciao,

Alberto

Some people might say a photograph needs to stand on it's own to be good, which is like saying a computer processor needs to be good for the computer to be good. Which is ludicrous. I think the PP is great, and number 3 is my favorite. One thing, do you have the full version of the last one?

Thanks. I share your views about PP - it's a digital version of what most photographers have been doing anyway in the darkroom (e.g. Anselm Adams with his burning and dodging.) Seeing the before/after processing of "Moonrise over Hernandez" - arguably his best known photo - should lay all doubts to rest about the importance of post-processing to bring out the best out of the photos. At least it does it for me.

Another Adams quote I like is that he thinks of a negative as a musical score and the print as the performance. Both offer opportunity for creativity.

Thanks again for your comments.

Alberto

>One thing, do you have the full version of the last one?

I am not sure what you mean? The uncompressed file?

#3 looks better than the others, but they dont seem very strong, if you took away the effects from photoshop, its not that strong. thats just my opinion.

yeah, love 3 the rest are kind eh

Alberto
I also feel the mood you are trying to convey.

As most of the others, #3 does it the best of the 3 shots shown. It is a testament to your ambition that so many do enjoy #3. You have a good eye.

Nice! Thanks!

Road.png

here is an edit I made of you'r photo :)

AlbertoDeRoma said:
Thank you for your honest feedback. Yes, I had dust on my sensor - darn.

As far as #2, I am a bit disappointed that I could not make it work better. How often do you see a torn apart flag, flying at half-mast, against a stormy sky? It could have been a great shot.

Thanks,

Alberto

How can y'all tell there is sensor dust?
The pictures look great to me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back