post christmas break C&C - back again, hopefully better

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by austriker, Jan 10, 2009.

1. austriker

austriker TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hello,
    so i havent really logged on for a while (got a nifty fifty for christmas which i absolutely love!!) and i have quite a few shots i like but would like some help how to get better.. so c&C would be great! thanks

1. Barren Beautiful Landscape of SD
    [​IMG]

2. my roomie, ruling the world (kinda of photojournalistic)
    [​IMG]

3. A Unstaged Political Statement (not as crisp as id like)
    [​IMG]

4. My flag
    [​IMG]

5. The Ambitious hand
    [​IMG]

thanks!

2. inTempus

inTempus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1. Good exposure with the sky not being blown out, but the subject is kind of boring... I'm not sure what the subject is really. Given there's more sky than ground, was it a picture of clouds?

2. Has potential, but it's obvious you used a flash. The lighting is harsh as as the shadows. You could fix some of this with Photoshop or Lightroom.

3. Pretty good, but under exposed.

4. Kind of boring really, and under exposed.

5. Cool, I like it. It has potential, but it's under exposed. Get some good photo editing software and you can recover these pics. :)

3. austriker

austriker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    okay thanks for the input. it seems that i like my shots a little underexposed...
    for number one, i was just kind of looking at the contrast of the 'scorched' earth and trees against the pretty sky but had to crop the land short b/c of houses and such on the bottom of the photo.