Post counts in OT and Gaming Room forums

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Like many other forums, we are taking the step to limit the number of forums where member posts are counted. As this is a photography forum, first and foremost, we have decided not to count posts in the Off-Topic Forum, and also in the Gaming Room.

We appreciate that some of you enjoy tracking your post count and showing off the number of posts, and as a general rule we are fine with this. However, there can be a midguided assumption that a member with a high post count may be an expert photographer, and thus confusing to new members. In addition, we have members who enjoy these non-photography related forums more than the others, and it is felt their post counts may be better served to reflect that with these controls in place.

We hope you continue to enjoy all of the forums here at TPF. Thanks for your support!

Seems pointless! :mrgreen:
Just get rid of them if you think they're a problem and can confuse new members. ;)

Oh great. Now that I'm here and fixxin to fire up my post count you do this. :meh:

:greenpbl::)

I must say, I'm not a fan...

I don't think post counts make people think you're an expert photographer, but they do let people know how long someone's been around, how active they are on the site, and with so many of us who were drawn in by the photography, but spend so much time in OT, it just doesn't sit right.

It's Chase's forum, and it's up to the mods to make these decisions, but that's my spiel.

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

Something like this should be retroactive...not that anyone will listen to what we have to say.

BTW, a post count IMO is totally irrelevant, especially on a site like this. There are people like me with over 1,000 posts who are very much amateurs still, while other people out there who signed up today are full blown professionals.

But people like having a high post-count like its some sort of phallic symbol. Oh well...as I said before its not like anyone who can change things here will listen to anything other than what a select few might say.

I really can't believe you had to go to this extreme.

I can't imagine anyone taking me more seriously because I have more posts than them.

They might think I'm a complete nerd bomber for wasting that much of my life on the internet talking to names on a message board.

But certainly not more knowledgeable about the subject at hand.

High Post Count = Lifer/Loser/Nerd Bomber
Low Post Count = Fresh Meat.

one vote for loser :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back