Post counts in OT and Gaming Room forums

"He has 200 posts in the past three years...um what if I have another question, is he gonna be there to answer it when I need it?".
yeah thats probably true for some people, but I think a lot of people with lower post counts just lurk around and read, but they are still active on the boards. After a while posting can get kind of old and just tapers off for some folks. But they still come out of th shadows now and then when they see a thread they like.

As for the meets I disagree here - a lot. I think firstly having meets shown on the public side shows the community we have here - it shows we have darn good one to have so many meets in such a short space of time and that is reflective of the forum as a whole. Plus there are quite a few people who are not paid members who would wish to turn up to these meets - suddenly hiding them away would mean that prospective new members in the futur would have no idea of these meets till a meetup thread appears (which might not even happen as it might appear in the members only section). The result of which is they feel left out of the loop - that they can't penetrate this hard group of select friends.

I was talking about hiding the meetup forum from non forum members NOT from members who are not subscribers, if you are a member of TPF you get to see it, if your not a member you can't see it.

ahh I see your point LP
no argument s there :)

It's a shame this post count thing didn't work in retrospect. It would have been interesting to see the results on some members (including myself) :lol:

Speaking of hiding forums, I would like to see the meetup forum hidden from non members, and thinking about it, what about hiding the buy and sell forum? I really believe it makes this forum look bad when people join just to sell something and who would trust someone who joins a forum just to sell something? I always wonder why they are selling here when eBay has millions of members. It just makes me think its a scam.

I would second that idea. I kind of think meet-up photo threads should be hidden from non-members too if that's possible.

If the post count thing is such a ta-do, and some want it, and some dont, cant it be a user controlled option.
Some forums have rep points, that are user controlled. If you want peeps to see them, click the little button, of ya dont, then turn the button off. Maybe the same thing might work with the post counts.
Just a thought.....back to my crypt..:er:

i think rep points are a great idea!!

They were over used here. It became a game more then anything. On some forums it works, but here it didnt. But....we could use it now, to weasle out those bad tpfers. whwhahahahaha...give them that big red square they deserve. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I like your idea too, I think we should do it.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back