Post Proccessing Business...

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Kaye68, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Kaye68

Kaye68 TPF Noob!

I have a friend that wants to start her own business in doing post processing for photographer(s) as requested. She is not sure if this is something that would be a need for and is trying to find out if there is such a thing. I did not know but I thought I would post her question here and see if anyone has heard of this. If this is something that is already being done by others could you point me in the direction of more information such as what do they base their charges on?

Any input or advice would be great. She is mainly considering the idea and is looking for information as to what if any thing is currently being done.

2. astrostu

astrostu Guest

I know most labs will do this for the average Joe. I would assume, though, that any pro photographer would be pretty adept at post-processing.

3. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  4. Kaye68

Kaye68 TPF Noob!

I am sure anyone can do their own as I do my own but hey I am no pro. I was just asking because she is looking for info and I did not have the answer or knew if that was even something anyone would look for.

No big deal, if that is not such a thing then I will just tell her I did not find anything and looks like it is not something anyone looks for.

Ok, fine no big deal!

Thanks anyway.

5. astrostu

astrostu Guest

What I meant here was that a pro or advanced amatuer is probably going to want to process their photos their own way, and not want to have someone else do it (it would take away from the personal touch of getting it just the way they wanted and it would take away from any profit to have someone else do the processing).

If she wants to do this, one option could be to ask around at professional photo labs and see if they want to hire her to do it. Or even a studio that does portraits (I remember, for example, when I had my senior pictures done that they showed us the proofs and then explained that it was $10 for every minor correction we may want, like removing a zit).

6. Jon, The Elder

Jon, The Elder TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Kaye68........I could see a small possibility for your friend to get into this service.

Contacting local Seniors shooters or high volume Sports shooters.

They might be interested because of image volume and file handling bottlenecks.

The real trick is to work out the processes involved and pricing for the service. Pick out a few potential clients with this info in hand and get their response.

If she is in a Metro area, the volume could be there.

7. Kaye68

Kaye68 TPF Noob!

Thanks for the replies... I will definitely pass this info on to her.