Post processing help requested

BlueEyes01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! When shooting at a birthday party the other day, I had a few shots with some jacked up results (due to my camera settins)as you will see:
IMGP1194.jpg

I've gone in and tried to mess with the curves but that really didnt help, can I do anything to make this a good image? I have Photoshop 7 and I'm reading a tutorial book & learning but still have a long way to go. If there is a remedy, an explanation would be appreciated! Thanks!

Looks like your white balance is way off. Maybe other issues as well. If it was shot in raw format, you can change the white balance easily.

Here is my attempt to help salvage the photo. I hope this helps at least until someone can do better. I tried...

Tried saving as RAW hoping I could then just slide the color temperature when I reopened. Maybe I should have cheated the bit depth first or something (use NIF?) because it opened all wonky. BTW I borrowed a bit from Paul's work on the beard. A tough edit.. -Shea

white-balance-prob_IMGP1194.jpg

It's in Tungsten. You shot in RAW? Just change the WB.

Thanks! I can't wait to get home to see all of the attempts, at work I can only see one because some images are blocked (flickr, etc.).

I dont shoot in raw yet. I'm trying to master the basics first, learning to shoot in manual first. The instructor (at a local camera shop where I bought my Pentax K200D) recently, gave classes on how to use the camera, insisted that there is no good reason to shoot in raw. I just figured out why he is wrong.

Luckily though I only have a few shots that came out like this but it sure is a kick yourself in the arse, aggrevating mistake to make even if these are just snapshotty shots, this was the little guy's very first motorcycle ride & not something I wanted to have screwed up!

All of your help is greatly appreciated though!!!

The instructor said there's no good reason to shoot in raw? I'd give these pictures to him and have HIM fix them.

HOLY CRAP. That's blue!
I ran that through gimp AND lightzone to no avail!!!
I've NEVER had a WB issue that I couldn't fix in gimp through auto WB OR color balance.
But that picture is, like, stuck on blue. It doesn't want to get rid of the blue.

But here's a nice black and white conversion I did for ya.
WBoffblue_lzn.jpg

I like the motorcycle,so cool~

Yeah, I tried too. Can't get ride of the blues. Wow, that is some wicked blue. You're probably better off going with B&W or sepia.

HOLY CRAP. That's blue!
I ran that through gimp AND lightzone to no avail!!!
I've NEVER had a WB issue that I couldn't fix in gimp through auto WB OR color balance.
But that picture is, like, stuck on blue. It doesn't want to get rid of the blue.

Yeah, same here..I never had a problem fixing WB even if shot in JPEG using Adobe Camera Raw, but I can't get rid of the blue!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back