Post-prod using Linux

gcg79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm a Ubuntu user and someone who's trying to create a post-production environment in a Linux distribution.

Have you Linuxnites ever used any solid and reliable post-production RAW editors? I've explored Darktable and Lightzone, but found them a little bit confusing snd slow. I've recently discovered Rawtherapee and I'm enjoying it a little better, thou I wanted to hear from you in order to compare experiences and maybe discover some other interesting and complete software of the kind.

Thanks!

I found the presets in rawtherapee fun at first but found the batch processing , organization and other features of darktable worth a little effort.

I'd course to each their own. Use what you like :)

Greetings,

I'm a Ubuntu user and someone who's trying to create a post-production environment in a Linux distribution.

Have you Linuxnites ever used any solid and reliable post-production RAW editors? I've explored Darktable and Lightzone, but found them a little bit confusing snd slow. I've recently discovered Rawtherapee and I'm enjoying it a little better, thou I wanted to hear from you in order to compare experiences and maybe discover some other interesting and complete software of the kind.

Thanks!

I use Darktable, LightZone and Raw Therapee. All three a very capable. LightZone lacks the ability to remove CA (they're working on it) otherwise it's excellent. I saw that you asked in another thread about the LR Clarity function. Darktable and Raw Therapee both provide that function -- it's more generically referred to as micro contrast. Other Linux options include AfterShot and UFraw. Aftershot is commercial and not very impressive.

LightZone is notable for it's ability to effect local adjustments which the others lack or implement at a very crude level.

Joe

reported (also cross posted)

Thank you all. I'll explore the three softwares in depht based on your suggestions.

Most reactions

Back