post production frames/borders...

mparker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first off not sure what to call them...

but how do i create frames/borders and apply them to multiple photos, i guess almost like a frame/border template ?

if it helps i use GIMP and i have access to PS6 and CS3

something like this, or even some kind of plain border..

2118.jpg

In PS6 it's under Windows > Content and in one of the drop down menus that appears > Frames.

links didnt work...

searching for more
spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

I didn't link anything.
Open Elements Editor.
Under Windows click on Content. It opens a box with two drop down menus. The one on the right, click it and pick Frames.

welp, i found a tut on how to do vingette in gimp... here is my firs shot at it

funny.jpg

...I'm not seeing vignetting in the photo.

I wasn't really sure how to make a vignette in GIMP, so I gave it a try. Here's how I did it (there is probably a better way...):

1. Open your image (duh).
  2. Create a new layer.
  3. Use the elliptical selection tool and make an elliptical selection on the new layer. Invert the selection.
  4. Feather the selection (I did 100 pixles, play around and see what you like).
  5. Use the bucket fill tool to fill it black
  6. Play with the opacity until you get the look you want.

Hope that helps. It's much easier to do in other programs...

yeah if youve got 300 bucks... lol

i think there is a missing step between 4-5 its not filling the whole selected area...

i think there is a missing step between 4-5 its not filling the whole selected area...

Not sure exactly what you mean... It should be filling the entire selection (which should be mostly just the corners, a little on the edges too).

Put the new layer (transparent) on top of the image. Make the corners black and then adjust the feathering and opacity as required. Judging by the quick test I did, the feathering might need to be a lot higher than 100 pixles (it would depend on the image dimensions too though) - play around and see what works for you.

Other programs are more automated. You just tell it to put a vignette on there and tweak the size, shape, and amount.

You could download the 30 day trial of Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop and see what I'm taking about. Paint shop is only about $80 (photoshop elements is about the same price).

...And there still isn't any vignetting in the new pictures.

edit
I watched that tutorial you're using. Have you tried this on a different photo? Maybe this photo just doesn't lend itself to that method. I see no differance at all in the three photos you posted...

Last edited:
Haha I see the tiniest vignette in the world up in the top right hand corner...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back