Post production help please!!!!

bapp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have any ideas on how I could give thins image a little more Ooommph (yes that is a technical term)?

I'm just a little stumped, I don't want to go over board with P.S but I feel it is lacking something. It might be fine as it is, I think I'm having a little creative block.

Anyway any thoughts appreciated!

B.

2231621412_25453d818c_b.jpg

Maybe something like this?

editkx8.jpg

Duplicated layer
Shadow/highlights, opacity to 28%
Some contrast with curves, masked away from the dark parts of the grass and the clouds to keep some information
Pulled saturation up +17
Made a gradient in the sky to get rid of some noise and some more tone variation there
Made a black to transparent gradient in the sky, set to softlight, opacity 54%

This was a really quick edit but I think it was pretty ok. There is still some noise in the sky though.

Thanks mate I ended up using a black gradient for the sky and just playing with the individual RBG curves, i was looking for more of a cold cinematic feel, although urs looks good!!

2233449678_b73ccbc522_b.jpg

Ok! Looks pretty nice. You have gotten a halo around her head though, probably due to the gradient. And try running it through NeatImage or a similar program to get rid of some noise in the sky.

Is that noise or compression?

Ok cheers Martin, I did notice the Halo but didnt think it was that obvious, I'll have to sort it out!

Most reactions

Back