Post work and colour correction help

AJ Jewell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to ask for some assistance. I am at a point in learning now that I know what all the adjustments do in Lightroom (this is what I use), but my problem is: what to adjust for what I am seeing. I know that this is the whole skill in doing this, but I am wondering if someone can use the photo below of my son and adjust it so I can see what needed to be done. This may give me some context to what I am seeing (If that makes any sense).

This is the original image, un-adjusted.

trenton.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:hail:

Here's what I 'saw'.. more light, more vividness, more of his face.. ;)

trenton.jpg

that looks great. So what exactly did you adjust? I know it sounds stupid, but I learn by example.....thanks a lot!

Hm, thing is, I'm using Photoshop, not Lightroom..

I added an adjustment layer > levels and then 'painted' inside the layer mask, in black, to keep the adjusted light only on his face.

Then I went to Image > Adjustments > selective color and boosted the blues and cyans (sky)

Then in select > color range, I selected the tree and grass areas and then added some red and yellow to them and decreased brightness.

Last but not least, I used the Burn Tool to burn the edges slightly.

It's probably not helping you at all, since you wanted to know what to do in Lightroom, but I'm sure somebody else can help with that - I'm just a Photoshop-kinda-Gal.. :wink:

no, thats great. I know PS too, but just needed to know 'what was needed'. Thanks so much.

no, thats great. I know PS too, but just needed to know 'what was needed'. Thanks so much.

You're so welcome! Great shot btw. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back