Post your BEST landscapes

Not sure I'm qualified to determine my 'best' and my favorites change from week to week, but here are a couple that I've liked for a while.

Autumn%20Lake-M.jpg

Fence%20in%20Dunes%20sm-M.jpg

Some good shots here. Great to see people getting involved. Keep them coming.

dbvirago said:
Not sure I'm qualified to determine my 'best' and my favorites change from week to week, but here are a couple that I've liked for a while.

Love this beach scene! I keep looking at it because it makes me feel like I'm there!

Not easy to pick. Capturing a great landscape is all about the light. Unless you're lucky, and at the right place at the right time, I don't think you can capture a truly GREAT landscape. Maybe these are some of my own favorites?

Fjell og soloppgong by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Lauvøya 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Valen og tre r by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Einsam båt i aude topografi med livleg fortøyningstau by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Dam og soloppgong by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Hard to pick just one.

edit: I just have to add that I posted here without reading the first post - just the title (which was pretty self-explanatory!). No offense, OP, but are you a famous photographer? I just shoot, and don't really pay much attention to the "current gurus", so I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
Destin - My bad! We get a lot of spammers around here :) I'm also kind of a vigilante when it comes to stealing photos lol Welcome to the forum!

I thought I posted in this already, but apparently not. Landscape is new for me, here's my latest favorites.

$finished copy.jpg$Untitled_Panorama1 copy.jpg

Compaq, that boat shot is mega. Is it real, or did you add the rope afterwards?

The rope is all natural. I did, however, bulldoze some houses on the other side of the lake.

I was looking through some of my landscape photos to see if I had anything to contribute and I realized how bad I suck at photography in comparison even though it's not been a year since I started.

Anyway, here are a couple.

Photo Jul 19, 2012 7:56 AM by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

IMG_7451 edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Ron, those are both really nice. I think the second would look better cropped to a pano format. Actually, I'd crop right along the line you can see in the clouds... right where the colors start to get a little muddy.

Ron, those are both really nice. I think the second would look better cropped to a pano format. Actually, I'd crop right along the line you can see in the clouds... right where the colors start to get a little muddy.

Thanks Jess. I will try that. I cropped it 16:9 originally to give it a pano feel, but if I understand you, I need to cut the top off where all the purple is?

I love landscape shots but feel like I have a lot more to learn. These was taken with my D7000, just got myself a D800 so can't wait to try that out on landscape shots.

$20110824-TF1_4473-1.jpg $20110927-TF1_6510-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back