Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

:1247::1247:
This is so beautiful. You are super talented. I absolutely love your work. You need to set up a darkroom and start to do prints. The scans do not do your work the justice they deserve.

You're too kind :1247: I had small dark room for doing medium format prints and I was awful at "editing" them. Also had zero room in my apartment bathroom so it was all sold off. There's a company out of state that does amazing wet printing work but their prices are well beyond what I could afford. I do have a nice ink jet printer but I cant seem to setup my computer and the printer profiles just right to get the prints as seen on screen so I kind of gave up on that as well.

This is so beautiful. You are super talented. I absolutely love your work. You need to set up a darkroom and start to do prints. The scans do not do your work the justice they deserve.

You're too kind :1247: I had small dark room for doing medium format prints and I was awful at "editing" them. Also had zero room in my apartment bathroom so it was all sold off. There's a company out of state that does amazing wet printing work but their prices are well beyond what I could afford. I do have a nice ink jet printer but I cant seem to setup my computer and the printer profiles just right to get the prints as seen on screen so I kind of gave up on that as well.
Man, that's unfortunate.

A shot of one of my playgrounds in Central Florida . Arbuckle Creek F100, Nikon 28-70 3.5-4.5 HP5
Arbuckle%20Creek-X5-XL.jpg

Last edited:

I'm with JC on you getting prints out of your stuff. Many community colleges still offer film photo classes with darkrooms. Maybe you could find a photo club/group in your area and "borrow" another member's darkroom.

Nice work, @webestang64 ! I've grown to really like LPD. :thumbyo:

Still can't bring myself to use RC paper, though. I know it's come a long way, is faster, uses less water in the wash, etc. Silly person, me. :1247: These look great!

Still can't bring myself to use RC paper, though. I know it's come a long way, is faster, uses less water in the wash, etc. Silly person, me. :1247: These look great!

Thanks for the comments! LPD is my favorite paper developer, been using it for the last 25 years. I do understand the "fiber based paper" mentally. Better overall tones, longer lasting. But I must say Ilford's RC portfolio paper is outstanding. And as far as longevity, I have RC prints I made in the early 80's and they look fine to me. Plus, a hundred years from now I won't know the difference....LOL

Thanks for the comments! LPD is my favorite paper developer, been using it for the last 25 years. I do understand the "fiber based paper" mentally. Better overall tones, longer lasting. But I must say Ilford's RC portfolio paper is outstanding. And as far as longevity, I have RC prints I made in the early 80's and they look fine to me. Plus, a hundred years from now I won't know the difference....LOL
what do you use for stop bath and fixer?

Most reactions

Back