Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

One of my faves from the days of Kodacolor Gold 200, which is what this scan was made from, then converted to B&W. From my rather pedestrian Minolta ScanDual SCSI connect scanner. Not one of my most-recent rolls shot, but from my most-recently scanned film.
2326-14_Pretty 90's Girl_by Derrel.JPG

Pretty 90's Girl_by Derrel. Spring, 1990, Salem, Oregon.

Most of my pictures that aren't of haircuts are of my wife or Disneyland. This one was of my wife at disneyland. I'm still very new to film and I don't know if the misaligned scan was the result of my camera (Pentax ME Super) not advancing the film consistently or the lab who processed it being lazy on the scanner. In any case, when I show people they see that error and go "oh wow, that's not a digital photo..."
44620031.jpg

nice shot. looks like the lab scanner messing up using an auto-detect mode.

Yup, a lazy scanner. You can see the space between the frames, which shows that the film was advancing just fine. Sometimes when shots have very bright or very dark spots, the scanner misreads the boundary of the frame. This can be adjusted before the scan...IF you're paying attention, of course, and it seems the lab tech who scanned these was NOT paying attention.

You can always crop it down.

First time with color. Portra 400 at box speed shot on Leica m3 with summicron F2. I learned I need to really lean on the side of over exposure with these shots. These were processed by my local lab and scanned by me.
Edit- The resolution on these looks bad. I think I may have exported wrong. Going to try to fix and upload again

love the branches. trees look good on expired film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back