Post your hangover cures here...

Hertz van Rental said:
mygrain said:
Water, Water, Water. Your dehydrated and wine hangovers are the worst!!!! And for heaven's sake...eat something! :wink:

No! No! No! Water is the worst thing.
Hangovers are largely caused by dehydration so you do need to get your fluid levels up. But if you drink plain water your body cannot control the water absorption at a cellular level - the cells can over-hydrate and get damaged (they often rupture).
You need to rehydrate with water that has balanced electolytes - that is, a mixture of salt and sugar - in it. Then the body can control the intake of water.
The best thing is a sports drink like Lucozade - but Dr Pepper, Coke or anything like that will do nicely (as long as it isn't diet!)
Current research shows that there is actually a gene that turns on and works when you drink alcohol. It is thought that it is this gene that contributes to hangovers when it finds no more alcohol to work on.
This is why the 'hair of the dog' (more alcohol) works and why alcoholics don't get hangovers.
Trust me. I know about these things

Hertz is the pro at this I guess. :cheers:

Well... there was a time in my life when breakfast at 6am was three pints of lager - but then my liver was evil and had to be punished

Hertz van Rental said:
Well... there was a time in my life when breakfast at 6am was three pints of lager - but then my liver was evil and had to be punished

Ouch!! I'm assuming those times have past since yer talking to us...or it the ghost of Hertz's liver talkin?

I'm with Steve. Just stay drunk. ;)

My key is to get just drunk enough to get into the amount of trouble that you're looking for but not quite enough to get a hang over. :p

photogoddess said:
I'm with Steve. Just stay drunk. ;)

My key is to get just drunk enough to get into the amount of trouble that you're looking for but not quite enough to get a hang over. :p

You drink to find trouble?
I used to drink to get drunk :mrgreen:

photogoddess said:
Hertz van Rental said:
You drink to find trouble?
I used to drink to get drunk :mrgreen:

Let's just say that last time I got good and drunk, I found some trouble. Really nice trouble though. ;)

I really have no idea what you are talking about :oops: :oops:

Anyway, you'll be pleased to hear that I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for all your suggestions.

My one is...dont get drunk.

Ive never been drunk, never even had more than a syp of anything alcoholic...and im fine!

I'm afraid my motto is 'if you are going to do something, do it to excess'.
But there is nothing clever about getting sh*tfaced, so I think you got the right idea, Arty.

Most reactions

Back