Post your Lunar Eclipse Shots!!

Nice shots unecessary. At first I didn't like the blown out white but then u have decent detail and the blew is a nice contrast to the orange

Nice shots unecessary. At first I didn't like the blown out white but then u have decent detail and the blew is a nice contrast to the orange

The Blew? lol i know what u mean. I wanted it to be that bright on purpose, plus i was shooting at low ISO. And its 1 second shutter because there were alot of clouds, so i had to get it quick.

You were?
Or the moon was - by clouds???
If you were obstructed ... then: how so?

Three facets of obstruction, City restriction of viewpoints, Work and clouds

The city skyline is easy enough to get around, Work....(Well my camera is still sitting on the tripod next to me.....I'm too dissapointed to put it all away) never the less I could easily walk out and take a few shots and finally whenever I did get out no sooner do I get set up does a cloud roll in and get in the way, sadly being at work I could not stand out there and wait for it to move. Truth be told we have a semi deisent amount of cluod cover tonight, I'll try something stupid right here directly and see if I can show it to you.

*EDIT*
I've got nothin, My digital is worthless in the dark, but I knew that to begin with so....

I don't have any good photos to post either! Heavy clouds, wind, rain, lots of lightning and hail all got in the way of the lunar eclipse for me. :(

Three facets of obstruction, City restriction of viewpoints, Work and clouds

The city skyline is easy enough to get around, Work....(Well my camera is still sitting on the tripod next to me.....I'm too dissapointed to put it all away) never the less I could easily walk out and take a few shots and finally whenever I did get out no sooner do I get set up does a cloud roll in and get in the way, sadly being at work I could not stand out there and wait for it to move. Truth be told we have a semi deisent amount of cluod cover tonight, I'll try something stupid right here directly and see if I can show it to you.

post photos of your office or view from office :) just curious to what u could have gotten

post photos of your office or view from office :) just curious to what u could have gotten

I can't get any thing new right this moment, I see you where posting when I edited the reason into the previous post but If you want I could post the crap that came out of that POS I guess.

I can't get any thing new right this moment, I see you where posting when I edited the reason into the previous post but If you want I could post the crap that came out of that POS I guess.

Sure why not anything goes in this thread as long as it relates back to the universe somehow :).

Sure why not anything goes in this thread as long as it relates back to the universe somehow :).

There are a lot of good shots in here, I hate to drag it all down with this stuff but since you asked.

Taken with my Kodak C743
100_3010
[relocated]

100_3007
[relocated]

100_3008
[relocated]

100_3009 is completely black

Also note: we are in the single digit temps here too so I could not sit there for too long, This camera is known for battery life issues as it is.

Images relocated Here

It sounds as though I've had as much fun as a lot of you trying to get these pictures.
On top of the freezing weather (it's canada.. its to be expected!) My battery started to die from the cold, then my card was full (I was a LITTLE too enthusiastic at first), then trying to upload and crop my photoshop kept crashing.. then my computer crashed. I was about ready to post the whole works on ebay!!!!

So here they are

feb20lunareclipse.jpg

I took about 300 pictures. I think theres better ones somewhere but I just picked a few to post quickly.

Goodnight!!!

ps. yes I know the middle one ontop isn't exactly.. round.

I had a 300mm and two extenders ready to shoot the heck out of that thing, but we had complete cloud cover here. Incredibly disappointing...

Yeah, I had my EF sitting next to me on the tripod, with my longest lens (Only 200mm), Mirror locked, and lens cap off ready and waiting.....to no avail

*EDIT*

I have me an idea, I'm gonna make a missed it thread, this way we can save some space here for those who did not.

*EDIT2*
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112806

In merging more and more extra threads on the lunar eclipse into this one here, the OP seems to have changed from "eravedesigns" to "DanV1317", since apparently his thread (which I found in The Beginners' Place) was the "oldest" of all (by posting time) here on the forums.

Sorry for that, eravedesigns. I didn't know this would happen when I merged...

omg..how did you guys took those pics...its awesome...i tried taking pics of the lunar eclipse last night...it came out not so good..it looks like just a dot..i just bought a CANON REBEL XTI 10.1 MP and it has efs 18-55mm..i was so frustrated when i couldn't figure out wat to do... CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?.I REALLY WANT TO LEARN SO BAD...

omg..how did you guys took those pics...its awesome...i tried taking pics of the lunar eclipse last night...it came out not so good..it looks like just a dot..i just bought a CANON REBEL XTI 10.1 MP and it has efs 18-55mm..i was so frustrated when i couldn't figure out wat to do... CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?.I REALLY WANT TO LEARN SO BAD...

It's that 18-55 lens, most of us are using 200mm and longer telephotos and or zooms.

Some even use 300mm lenses PLUS teleconverters ... that takes them way closer to the moon than any 55mm lens could possibly do. PLUS some of their photos shown are cropped out of an even larger frame.

Most reactions

Back