Post your Lunar Eclipse Shots!!

I'm not happy with mine, but I'll post

257292193_HoWpV-X3.jpg

Bunch of cool shots here. Great job everyone. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Heres one of mine. One of the better ones. This was my first attempt at an eclipse. Hopefully next time the pics will be better.

LunarEclipse047A.jpg

Taken at 300MM for 3 seconds, F5.6, ISO-800.

I saw it from washington square. I heard there was going to be one, just didn't know what time. My GF was like "wtf, is that an eclipse". And lo and behold...

Were you up at council crest?

If you go on google maps and look up where 162nd and Powell meet at powel butte nature park, you'll see a little turn around in the park itself. We were parked up that turnaround on the top of the hill.

:thumbup:

Bunch of cool shots here. Great job everyone. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Heres one of mine. One of the better ones. This was my first attempt at an eclipse. Hopefully next time the pics will be better.

Taken at 300MM for 3 seconds, F5.6, ISO-800.

I took some shots of the eclipse last August. They turned out about the same as your shot (they were shot at identical settings minus the ISO). I'm not sure if it was the lens, any haze in the atmosphere or a combination of each. It's kind of frustrating when they come out a bit soft.:(

DSC_0043.jpg

eclipse2202008.jpg

These were the best I could get, I need a 300mm telephoto! This was taken at 200mm , F5.6, and 3 seconds.

Total noob here and just getting started. Using the 300mm telephoto, set it all the way out and set the focus all the way out also. The moon wasn't in focus in any of my photos, but, curiously, there was something else that showed up instead. The next morning when talking to a buddy at work, he tells me that Saturn was supposed to be in the shot too. Me?..I just think the shot was too out of focus and put a halo around the blue star Regulus. (there were stars visible in these photos, but nothing anything near as distinct as the blue orb)

normal_DSC_0021b.jpg

saturn would be to the lower left of the moon, and isnt in your photo because its farther down than where the image stops. i would assume the blue orb is regalus though

This is the only one worth processing so far.

eclipse-1.jpg

WayneS-I think you could have focused better for detail and your shots are completely out of focus that's why the blue dot doesn't resemble a star and is so large. You should try to shoot the moon again using an apereture fstop somewhere between 14-20, shutterspeeds around 2-6 seconds, ISO around 100-200 and zoom on lens @ 300mm. Play with your shutter speeds and aperature settings and see what works the best but make sure you're in focus.

400mm lens
1/2 sec @ F/5.6
ISO 800

IMG_3854.jpg

If you go on google maps and look up where 162nd and Powell meet at powel butte nature park, you'll see a little turn around in the park itself. We were parked up that turnaround on the top of the hill.

:thumbup:
Ah, I remember Powell Butte. A year ago while I still lived there, I went up that way.

I miss some things, but the nice thing for me is that I was in shorts and a T-shirt and didn't get cold! Got some nice pics, will post tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back