Post your street shots thread

Just minute after that one.

View attachment 154992

This one had a great deal of potential. Often times we need to evaluate our scene and wait for the subject to come into our zone. Maybe you didn't create a zone? I have no idea because I was not there. The lady is the subject. In my opinion, we have to create a separation from her environment because she is the subject of interest. My thought, not knowing the environment but judging your view, would be to pick a spot that made her light up, causing her to detach from the background. I assume it was not much further of a walk for her to come into the potential, golden, rim light, zone I envision. To be fair, that is my vision from what you display and may not be your vision. Based on the light to the viewers left, this may have been possible but not certain as I have no idea whats behind you. I personally would have walked away from this frame if my back was up against a wall and I could not capture her in that beautiful golden light coming from her left. I don't know, it's easy to get excited with a great potential shot and blow it but I am regretful on posting my response because I have been there and will be again. I am not an expert.
Sometimes a silhouette works:

On-Broadway-6-UE-XL.jpg

Just minute after that one.

View attachment 154992

This one had a great deal of potential. Often times we need to evaluate our scene and wait for the subject to come into our zone. Maybe you didn't create a zone? I have no idea because I was not there. The lady is the subject. In my opinion, we have to create a separation from her environment because she is the subject of interest. My thought, not knowing the environment but judging your view, would be to pick a spot that made her light up, causing her to detach from the background. I assume it was not much further of a walk for her to come into the potential, golden, rim light, zone I envision. To be fair, that is my vision from what you display and may not be your vision. Based on the light to the viewers left, this may have been possible but not certain as I have no idea whats behind you. I personally would have walked away from this frame if my back was up against a wall and I could not capture her in that beautiful golden light coming from her left. I don't know, it's easy to get excited with a great potential shot and blow it but I am regretful on posting my response because I have been there and will be again. I am not an expert.
Sometimes a silhouette works:

On-Broadway-6-UE-XL.jpg
I agree

Nikon F3HP, 50mm 1.8 AIS, Acros shot @ 400, HC 110 B, Epson V800.

Skateboarder.jpg

The movie goers.jpg

More Fishy Stuff:

_DSF5049.jpg

_DSF5092-XL.jpg

_DSF5040.jpg

_DSF5067-X2.jpg

_DSF5098.jpg

_DSF5054.jpg
I did notice you have to be very careful with exposure. Last batch really bummed me out but I rescanned and adjusted individually in the Epson software. I was able to save most of them but they didn't exactly get me excited.

WIth film, exposure is critical, even with digitally scanning the negs you can only compensate so much ... with digital, and as technology progresses, exposure is becoming less relevant.

1. Fish
img313E.jpg

2. Nifty Fifty
img279E.jpg

3. Nifty Fifty
img277E.jpg

4. Nifty Fifty
img289E.jpg

Most reactions

Back