poster, bill

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
This is a bill for a play which I have shot/designed.

Here's the original pic (it's in the critique gallery)
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10467

posta.jpg

Thanks!
In Austria/Germany this is a well-known play, a totally insane doctor captures three scientists and tries to lock them down. So these three characters are locked down and try to waste their time in hope to get rescued.

Europe has a history of theatre that is mind boggling to me. One of my proudest stage moments (actually the piece was a little over two hours) was playing Givola and O'Casey and Caruther and the Butler in Brecht's "The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui"

Back to matters at hand. The poster is good, but I worry about the eye getting confused at the people shapes.

a million thanks guys!!!!

craig: Yes, I'm interested in theatre, this play is written by Dürrenmatt, it's called (I do only know the german name) "Die Physiker". I love Brecht, he's one of my favourite writers, he has his own style which I appreciate so much.

Yes, this is the shot you entitled "prison" - now I get the reference, and of course anyone familiar with the play knows why these figures are standing like they are.

Very nice work. :D You've got a knack for graphic art, I keep tellin' you!! :wink:

That's a cool looking poster. You completely changed the mood and look of the original picture. Your text layout is nice too. Good work altogether!

Most reactions

Back