Poster size print question

Also, I'm not sure about Walgreens prices, but Staples just printed something for my wife for a bridal shower. It's a photo of the bride and groom from a cell phone (not sure which one, but I'm guessing iPhone 6 or 6s). It actually looks great, and it's probably 36" on the long side.

Not bad for $20.

Thanks for letting me know, that's more encouraging news. I will definitely give them a call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, definitely see what they have to offer. Also, just to be clear, I'm talking cell phone shot printed from Staples. So, given that, the quality of the photo is great. It's all relative. :)

IIRC Walgreens prints larger than 8x10 at an a central facility, not at the local Walgreens store.
Walgreens store prints are usually made using a Fuji Frontier C-print mini lab machine and so are not inkjet prints.

My 10 MP, Nikon D200 delivers a 3:2 aspect ratio image that has image resolution of 3872 × 2592 pixels.

To print 36" wide - 3872 px / 36" = 107.5 PPI.
100 PPI is often the lowest print resolution a print lab will do, so a print will have sufficient quality their reputation won't suffer.
I know that Mpix, the consumer outlet of Miller Professional imaging, had/has a 100 PPI minimum print resolution.

AspectRatioChartv2-1.png

Also, I'm not sure about Walgreens prices, but Staples just printed something for my wife for a bridal shower. It's a photo of the bride and groom from a cell phone (not sure which one, but I'm guessing iPhone 6 or 6s). It actually looks great, and it's probably 36" on the long side.

Not bad for $20.

Thanks for letting me know, that's more encouraging news. I will definitely give them a call.

Yeah, definitely see what they have to offer. Also, just to be clear, I'm talking cell phone shot printed from Staples. So, given that, the quality of the photo is great. It's all relative. :)

Of course iPhone 6 and beyond do take pretty good pics, it's great to know that a cell phone can give you some decent results, of course they say that the best camera is the one you have on you.

IIRC Walgreens prints larger than 8x10 at an a central facility, not at the local Walgreens store.
Walgreens store prints are usually made using a Fuji Frontier C-print mini lab machine and so are not inkjet prints.

My 10 MP, Nikon D200 delivers a 3:2 aspect ratio image that has image resolution of 3872 × 2592 pixels.

To print 36" wide - 3872 px / 36" = 107.5 PPI.
100 PPI is often the lowest print resolution a print lab will do, so a print will have sufficient quality their reputation won't suffer.
I know that Mpix, the consumer outlet of Miller Professional imaging, had/has a 100 PPI minimum print resolution.

AspectRatioChartv2-1.png

Hi kmh I've been gone most of the day and have not had a chance to check my ratio yet. I really do appreciate your further explanations. It's a great help. I will study the table u posted. You have quite a brain [emoji3] thanks again.

Most reactions

Back