poster

jenny_birger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi all!

i'm new in the forum, and i wasn't sure whether this is the right place to ask, but i will try anyway: do you happen to know what is a "light-card"? in a poster design competition, which i hope to participate in, it says that the works should be printed and "affixed to a light card". i searched the web, i asked in print-shops, and no one seems to know what it is...

another question - which stems mainly from being a new-bie in anything digital: when you prepare works to print out as posters, do you work on them (in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) in the "real" size of the work (in my case, that would be 50X70 cm.) or do you use a scaled version of the final work, and re-size when you print it out?

thank you in advance,
Jenny.

The resizing question is easy. You always work with your original. Once you're happy with the final edit you make the decision either to drop the pixels per inch and simply print a large 50x70cm copy. Or leave the pixels per inch at a high number >200 is considered reasonably high quality 300 is an industry standard, and resize the image dimensions to get 50x70 thus "resampling" the image. But before you do save the original as resampling is a lossy approximative process.

No idea on the light card...

I think you may be misunderstanding the terminology, I think it means that your finished poster should be mounted to light card, as in cardboard, grams per square metre, hope this helps. H

thank you!
about the light card - i am still unsure i understand...i would be grateful if you could elaborate a bit more - what did you mean by "grams per inch"? (as i said - i really am a newbie..:))
thank you again.

oh, i meant "grams per square meter" of course, in my reply.

All paper is described by weight, good photo paper is around 250gsm so look for card around 400gsm or so, I wouldn't bother with mount board as its really pretty heavyweight, especially as they state light card. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back