posting my pics for the 1st time

He is a good model. I think your pictures convey his emotion quite well. YOu can tell he is a happy dog.

acsonpg said:
A shepard was my first dog, Brandy, and I still think of her. I have a boxer now and woudn't trade him for the world.

Me too...my first dog was a shepard named Bear. Now I have a boxer and a boxer doberman mix, wouldn't trade them for the world either. I will always have a boxer in my life.

Ok, just a little rundown for ya because I remember being there not too long ago here are some basics for your camera. If you know them, awesome, if not, maybe these will help.
Shutter Speed: Controls how long the shutter is open and therefore how long the light is able to reach the film/sensor
Aperture: Controls the amount of light allowed to enter the camera, this also partially controls your DOF (Depth Of Field). The higher your shutter number, the bigger the DOF, and the lower the number, the smaller the DOF.
ISO: How sensitive your film/sensor is to the light hitting it.

There is a lot more than that but there is a basic rundown for ya. In terms of the photos, I really like #2 of the first batch and #3 and #4 on the second run. To me, these show me the most detail of your dog and portray how you see your dog. #4 in batch two is especially promising IMO because although the dog is looking out of the frame, it is looking right and not left. Many times a subject looking to the left outside the frame rubs the eye the wrong way, in a manner of speaking. Love the photos, and I am sucker for GS, my girlfriend has a GS/Lab mutt.

Lovely photos I have dogs too and they make great models :D

I really like # 2 in the first lot and #1 in the second lot!

I'm new to all this photography stuff too :D

There used to be a rule about people and animals when I was starting out it went like this. When ever possible do not cut off the subject at odd places. It is best to show the whole person or animal or the complete body part you are working on.

Your shot so the dog are great when you show all of him standing or in motion. The head is best when you show all of it and don't lose any parts.

The lighting is a little dark on my screen for a dog with a dark face, but they may just be my monitor. I would say the shots are very good and keep working at it. The more you shoot the more you can compare the really good shots with the ones that dont quite do it.

Keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back