Posting other peoples pics ???

Kawi_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother recently took some pics of a tornado going through his neighborhood. I would like to post them and maybe ask some PP questions because we are considering framing them (they aren't that good but they have a personal connection because they are taken from his porch!). What are the rules for posting other peoples pics? I have his permission. Actually he's pushing me to post them but I'm hesitating because they are not mine.
Tom

hi, I think you should really link to them as they are not yours to post, or if he likes photography tell him to join LOL :)

I don't see an issue with it; you have his permission and encouragment. If he for whatever reason doesn't want to join, and wants you to post on his behalf, I say, "Go for it."

Inside the Germany Meet-Up thread, there are a couple of my father's photos which he took when we went on the canoe trip (and hardly anyone else dared to take photos). He sent me the CD and his express permission to use them for the forum. He did not want to register for the sole purpose to add his photos to the meet-up forum. And I think that was ok.

However, I made my kids register and get their own accounts here on TPF, so they'd be able to post their own photos under their own name.

Why not ask your brother to also join?
It's free.

Most reactions

Back