Posting photos for the first time

julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a little nervous to do it, but I have thick skin, so I can TAKE IT! Bring on the constructive criticism. I learn so much for you guys, so any advice or comments would be so much appreciated.

Would you call the background of the flowers bokeh?
11.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

I'm not a butterfly fan, I just loved the juxtaposition of the two.
1.jpg

This is so beautiful, it should be in the "advanced" section ;)

I think the shots are great, but I'm no pro. Mine are on my website if you care to take a gander.. all but 4 of them were taken with a canon power shot camera.

Beautiful job. I'm just a beginner but I would be proud if these were mine. I enjoy the chipmunk very much, especially 2 & 4. WHAT is #5?? I really liked the colors of 6. I'm not sure how to tell you what I like about these pictures...I like the composition. The lighting appears to be perfect, again IMHO.

Pretty nice shots, really. Some could use with a touch of sharpening, but that's a minor nitpick.

None of them totally floor me, though the butterfly is very nice.

Good start!

The first, fourth and fifth work for me.

The fish is totally out there! Looks like an alien from a sci-fi movie.
(Now I'm not sure it's a fish. What in the world is that??)

It's a fish....probably a Carp

Our photo showcases are the galleries.
Hence I moved your thread from The Beginners' Place into the General Gallery.

And from what I can see here, there's no need to hide your light under the bushel! Come forward and happily show us more of your photography.
Composition still looks a bit "on the centred side", but you'll get to focussing first, then recomposing, and then taking the photo! I am sure. Took me a loooong time to get there, too.

thank you guys so much for the feedback. It's very helpful for me. I went to a coy pond and photographed that fish. It was the ugliest fish in there. I'm not quite sure WHAT it was. But I DO know it was ugly. :)

Those are pretty awesome photos for a 1st post! I especially like 1, 4, 5, and 6! LaFoto's crit (critique) was nice! Cropping for "off-center-ish-ness" can sometimes save the day too. :)

That fish looks like he's waiting to be kissed so he can turn into a prince.

Most reactions

Back