Posting Pics...

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
mdlphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed in the last few weeks that several people jave been having trouble posting pics on the site. Usually, those who are not paying member of this Forum.

The first step is to post the pic in an online photo album like Flickr, Picassa, or one of the many other photo hosting sites out there...

When viewing the pic from the site of your choice... Simply "RIGHT" click on the image you want to post and choose "Copy Image URL" from the drop down menu...

Left%20Click.jpg

Then write your new post on the TPF forum. When you reach the line where you want to insert your pic... select the "Insert Image" icon from the menu bar... then paste the URL you just copied (CTRL-V)...

paste.jpg

Then finish you post and submit it.

Also... there is an article "stickied" at the top of this forum that says basically the same thing...

Hope this helps somebody. If not... Well my intentions were well meaning. :)

Last edited:
When I go to add a photo from flickr and choose "All Sizes" to get the link to the larger image size, the bottom of the page has this warning:

Remember! Flickr Community Guidelines specify that if you post a Flickr photo on an external website, the photo must link back to its photo page. (So, use Option 1.)

Has this really been an issue for anyone? I have just been using the direct image URL...

Yeah. And when I left click in a photo it does nothing.

You need to RIGHT click on the photo to get to image URL

Seekwence - I haven't had that problem, but when you are posting your image on a forum that does not allow you to use HTML, it is more difficult to get it to link back to flickr. I have never noticed that.. but I also know that there are TONS of people just on here who post from flickr and the picture isn't really clickable as a link back to flickr...

I wouldn't worry about it.

Most reactions

Back