potential lens problem

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by afterthecollapse, Jan 30, 2007.

1. afterthecollapse

afterthecollapse TPF Noob!

I bought a used hasselblad recently. The camera itself works fine and seems to be taking pretty sweet pictures. But I've noticed there is an ever so small amoutn of give with the lens after i secure it to the body. and It may be my imagination but in the 3 months of owned the camera, I think its gotten worse. I dont notice any difference in the pictures...they still seems as sharp as they could be, but i'm just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if I should be concerned. I think I oveheard someone once say that lens are like that to to compensate mechanical seizure under extreme temperatures...but it could be completely bogus.

2. shingfan

shingfan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    what do you mean "small amount of give with the lens"?.......i see what it means now Fred

3. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

The mount could be worn, either on the lens or the camera body. You would need to speak with a camera repairman to see what is involved in fixing it. I've never encountered a loose mount personally.

4. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    No, what you heard is bogus. Hasselblad made a very tight mount and they already allowed for extreme temps without having to allow that kind of play. Does the lens click when you put it on? What kind of Hasselblad do you have? Lens?

One solution in finding out what causes that play is putting another lens on your Hassy. If there is also a play then the body needs to be looked at by a qualified repairman.