Potsdamer Platz at Night

West_Berliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't remember which ones of these I've shared already, but I thought I'd post these as a set. Taken with my D70 + 50mm f/1.8

critique, comment, I'm always up for getting feedback

182239273_18dedc7521_o.jpg

182239211_21aa5456a9_o.jpg

200133777_df92c86eae_o.jpg

(ive tried to crop this one on the left, but it doesn't look as good as youd expect)
200133729_79e5258c27_o.jpg

201179260_ea3d2d7df0_o.jpg

I really think the first pic is powerful,
i have several of the same part of the wall myself, but none of them are quite are good.

Very nice. Good colors, good shots.

I have always been partial to the new subway station and its entrances that they built there. I live in Berlin as well (I travel a lot though, and am not there right now.)

My version was shot in February, but I just realized it doesn't work that well with my new header frame set.

U-Bahnhof Potsdamer Platz

Am Besten gefaellt mir die Aufnahme vom Bahnhofseingang mit dem DB Haus, sowie das Unterste.

I really like photographs of cites. Good job.

Cool ... now I think it's a pity we were only there on that one afternoon of Tuesday, 1 August ... no chance for any night photography.

Have the two of you, West_Berliner and Iron Flatline, seen my newest photos from Berlin? Five threads with photos on the Berlin architecture and one on people?

I must add that I particularly like the photo of the DB headquarters and the moon. Cool perspective, that one. Love it.

thanks IronFlatline, I personally really enjoyed the eastern part of the city (I stayed in Friedrichshain), as I felt it still retained the character of what Berlin used to be like. that said, i found Potsdamer Platz to be a great place to photograph at night,and some of my best shots turned out there. I really like the shot you posted a link to by the way, very nice :)

Thanks Weaving Wax.

Corinna, yeah, Berlin is worth staying in for the photo opportunities, definetly. I am looking at your Berlin threads right now actually. My DB Moon shot is one of my favorites as well, thanks! :)

Great shots. I like the soft lit building in the background of image 1, looks sureal.
I like the last 2 shots the most. The minimalist composition and the high contrast looks great.

Most reactions

Back