Potsdamer Platz at Night

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by West_Berliner, Aug 22, 2006.

1. West_Berliner

West_Berliner TPF Noob!

I don't remember which ones of these I've shared already, but I thought I'd post these as a set. Taken with my D70 + 50mm f/1.8

critique, comment, I'm always up for getting feedback

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (ive tried to crop this one on the left, but it doesn't look as good as youd expect)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fightheheathens

fightheheathens TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really think the first pic is powerful,
    i have several of the same part of the wall myself, but none of them are quite are good.

3. Very nice. Good colors, good shots.

I have always been partial to the new subway station and its entrances that they built there. I live in Berlin as well (I travel a lot though, and am not there right now.)

My version was shot in February, but I just realized it doesn't work that well with my new header frame set.

U-Bahnhof Potsdamer Platz

Am Besten gefaellt mir die Aufnahme vom Bahnhofseingang mit dem DB Haus, sowie das Unterste.

4. Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like photographs of cites. Good job.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool ... now I think it's a pity we were only there on that one afternoon of Tuesday, 1 August ... no chance for any night photography.

Have the two of you, West_Berliner and Iron Flatline, seen my newest photos from Berlin? Five threads with photos on the Berlin architecture and one on people?

I must add that I particularly like the photo of the DB headquarters and the moon. Cool perspective, that one. Love it.

6. West_Berliner

West_Berliner TPF Noob!

thanks IronFlatline, I personally really enjoyed the eastern part of the city (I stayed in Friedrichshain), as I felt it still retained the character of what Berlin used to be like. that said, i found Potsdamer Platz to be a great place to photograph at night,and some of my best shots turned out there. I really like the shot you posted a link to by the way, very nice :)

Thanks Weaving Wax.

Corinna, yeah, Berlin is worth staying in for the photo opportunities, definetly. I am looking at your Berlin threads right now actually. My DB Moon shot is one of my favorites as well, thanks! :)

7. Remi M.

Remi M. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Great shots. I like the soft lit building in the background of image 1, looks sureal.
    I like the last 2 shots the most. The minimalist composition and the high contrast looks great.