pottery

Skyeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my father is a potter and needs some photos to set up with his work at shows so i took a few the other day. what do you think?

1119-potter.jpg

I like the sense of motion with the bowl and the placement of his hands. I would have just allowed for a little bit of room to the right as well as above.

Black and white works perfectly with this picture!

he was thinking he might want them in sepia instead of b/w iv never done sepia in photoshop, can anyone tell me how? and do you think this one would look ok in sepia?

I think it would look great in sepia.
Try this:
New layer>>>fill with any dark colour>>>>layer blend mode: colour>>>>use opacity slider to adjust to your liking

EDIT: You'll have to change the image mode to RGB for this to work. Go to: image>>>mode>>>RGB

If all the photos you have taken of your dad at work are like this, he will soon have a nice collection on the walls of his workshop (or travelling with him to shows). Very nice.

(I think I must begin to learn how to work with layers in PS......... still don't understand that :roll: :meh: :scratch: )

nice work! love the motion.. and i think sepia could work wonders too .. try jonK's method.. i've used it and it works great :D
good luck :thumbsup: and you did a great job :)

this is a beautiful shot. you should post the sepia version when you get to it... :thumbup:

Skyeg said:
my father is a potter and needs some photos to set up with his work at shows so i took a few the other day. what do you think?

is he a harry potter?

sorry i had to, nice pic !

here is the sepia version, which do you like better?

1119-pottersepia.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back