No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
what do you guys think?
taken in Wroclaw, Poland - entry to underground

14groszy.jpg

any critique appreciated.

Oh, I wish it were larger!! It's killing me. I'm struck by the shadows and the direction of her head....:thumbup: just want to see some more detail.

Repost, larger? Yes? :)

Not too large for me. ;) Gosh, but I love that pose, and those shadows! My main problem, now that I can see her more clearly, is that she appears a bit overexposed. The highlights appear blown on the cup and socks, and the image is a tad soft.

What did you use to shoot this one with, Santino? :)

I think you're right (the overexposure bothered me a bit too) :bounce:
do you think the image is worth a bit burning in PS? :D
as for the equipment I can't really remember :er: it was Fuji X-Tra film (ISO 400) if it was a rangefinder than it was my Zorki and if SLR than my Praktica.

santino said:
I think you're right (the overexposure bothered me a bit too) :bounce:
do you think the image is worth a bit burning in PS? :D
as for the equipment I can't really remember :er: it was Fuji X-Tra film (ISO 400) if it was a rangefinder than it was my Zorki and if SLR than my Praktica.
It might be worth a play in PS. If it's blown in those spots, though, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. You can't put detail in where there isn't any. But I think it has potential to be a strong image, and worth a little bit of time just to see what happens. After all, the worst thing that can happen is that it will end up in the "if only" stack. ;)

Oh, and I see what Craig is saying about the rail - but I like the strong diagonal line so much, it's not bothering me here. :)

Most reactions

Back