Powdercoating... (for you car nuts)

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I was at another Porsche event where we met a bunch of people from the forum my dad frequents... (Rennlist)
It was a lot of fun... BBQ, Beer, and guns. :mrgreen:
We were fixing each other's cars and my dad had the guy there powdercoat the valve cover on his 968 bright red... it really looks amazing! :D

I'm sure I'll get more photos posted of the event... but here's the new valve cover we powdercoated. (I masked off the letters... so I did most of the work... :greenpbl: )

porschevalvecover.jpg

I hope you like it! :mrgreen: (we love it!)

wow, I leave for one day and it gets pushed to the third page... :lol:
Comments are welcome! Tell me what you think about it! :)

If you don't know and would like to know what powdercoating is just ask. :)

Thanks M@KO :)

Here is the technical info if anyone's interested. :)

I took the photo with my Panasonic Lumix FZ20.
The lighting was just the flourescent lights in the garage. The hood of the car kept the shadows dark and interesting. I slightly underexposed it so it wouldn't show detail where the shadows were (so it would bring out the light areas)

Shutter Speed: 1/4 sec
F-Stop: 2.8
ISO: 80

I did crop/slightly burn it in the upperleft in Photoshop but that's all the editing I did to it.

A car engine of a car that is taken out to the road every day can look like THIS????
Mine's all oily and grimy and all that jazz.

I am not too much into car photography, but I really like the distribution of light and colours in this one!

And that work...........! :shock:
To a CAR engine.......! :shock:

Thanks LaFoto!
It's actually not all that odd for someone to do this to their car.
I'm not sure how it is in Germany but some people here really pimp out their engine compartments. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back